Anyone in England who is not displaying COVID-19 symptoms can now access free, regular, testing. One in three people who have COVID-19 do not display any symptoms and could be spreading the virus without knowing it. Regular testing will be an essential part of the easing of restrictions and will help to identify new cases of COVID-19 in Swindon and protect others from being infected.
In Swindon, residents will be able to access regular testing through a number of routes depending on individual circumstances. These routes include:
- Workplace testing programmes (both on-site or at home): if their employer offers workplace testing, this remains the best route for residents to access regular testing.
- Home ordering service: residents can order a box of tests from gov.uk or through 119, which will be delivered to their home.
- Pharmacy collect: a number of pharmacies across Swindon have signed up to offer pharmacy collect. Residents can use the NHS site finder to find out which local pharmacies they can pick up tests from.
- Education: secondary and college students are already being given tests to use at home twice a week, throughout term time and during the holidays.
- Symptom-free testing sites: we have a number of symptom-free testing sites in Swindon which residents are able to use. Residents can choose to either book an assisted test at one of our sites (this is recommended if it is their first time testing), or they can walk-in and collect home testing kits, subject to availability.
Wherever possible, please encourage residents to make use of this testing offer. More information about the different testing routes available can be found on the NHS website.