Ahead of the lockdown relaxations coming into place next Monday, 12 April (non-essential retail/public buildings/personal care premises/outdoor hospitality/indoor leisure facilities being able to reopen), the Council is preparing the town centre for the increase in visitors and users to keep everyone safe. This includes:
- The cleaning team operating enhanced cleaning of street furniture (waste bins, benches etc.)
- Refreshed tape for queue marking, signage promoting social distancing
- Public toilets are being reopened and maintained and will have social distancing/enhanced cleansing regime
- There will be a temporary road closure to support queueing around Primark on College St.
- Businesses are being worked with to support with understanding the guidance and provide advice where needed
Additional street team ambassadors at Inswindon have also been commissioned to help remind people to maintain social distancing, hand out hand sanitisers and face masks, and share intelligence and information where individuals are not following the rules or heeding their advice. The street team will also have a Gazebo in the Town Centre next week (week commencing 12 April) to help visitors and businesses.