This Order is being introduced for essential highway maintenance and will prohibit vehicles from proceeding when overnight closures are in place on the following roads:
- Faraday Road adjacent to Dorcan Industrial Estate – No through road (access only)
- A361 Highworth Road at Redlands Area – traffic to be diverted via B4019, A419, A361 and vice versa
- A361 Vickers Roundabout on Highworth Road – traffic to be diverted via A361, B4019, A419 and vice versa
- A4259 Queens Drive/Frobisher Drive eastbound and westbound at Frobisher Drive Junction – traffic to be diverted via Drakes Way, Marlowe Avenue, Shaftesbury Avenue, Whitbourne Avenue and vice versa
- B4006 New Inn Roundabout along Swindon Road – traffic to be diverted via Drakes Way, Ocotal Way, A4311, B4143 and vice versa
- Callas Hill at Lower Wanborough leading to Body Horse Hill – traffic to be diverted via Callas Hill to Fox Hill, Hatchett Hill, White Hill, Body Horse Hill and vice versa.
- Callas Hill at Upper Wanborough leading to Church Road – traffic to be diverted via Callas Hill to Fox Hill, head south west and then north west on the un-named road east of the M4 joining up to Ham Road and vice versa.
- Church Place – eastbound traffic to be diverted via Park Lane, Faringdon Road, Emlyn Square and westbound traffic via Bristol Street, London Street, Sheppard Street, Wellington Street,
- Milford Street, Holbrook Way, Faringdon Road and Park Lane
- Bus Lane suspension at A4259 Queens Drive/ Frobisher Drive and 30mph speed limit along A346 Marlborough Road northbound towards Butt Road and southbound towards New Road/Ridgeway Crossroads, south of the Ridgeway Crossroads adjacent to Three Tree Farm shop, on the approach to Badbury Roundabout on the M4 motorway
The Order will come into force on the 27 September 2021 for 18 months but the road closures and restrictions will only be put in advance following advance notice of dates on site and as/when required. It is anticipated that each closure/ restriction only be in place no more than 10 days from 27 September 2021 to 17 December 2021
Strategic Transport and Infrastructure
2 September 2021
For further information please contact 01793 463040 quoting reference STR000243