If you’re falling behind with your energy bills, and finding yourself struggling to pay, the best thing to do is contact your supplier as soon as possible. Your supplier has to help you – usually by negotiating a payment plan that you can afford.

There are a range of options suppliers could offer if you’re struggling, including:

  • A full payment plan review
  • Affordable debt repayment plans
  • Payment breaks (though this won’t be right for everyone)
  • Payment reductions
  • More time to pay
  • Access to hardship funds

The Energy Savings Trust also has 10 quick tips to help reduce your energy cost and save up to £564 a year on energy bills.

More general cost of living support.

Parents on Universal Credit to receive childcare boost

The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) has increased how much parents on Universal Credit can claim for childcare – up to £951 a month for one child and £1,630 for two or more children.

This is an increase of 47 per cent from the previous limits.

Need further support with childcare costs? Check out measure number three on our website.

Disclaimer: Chiseldon Parish Council publishes information on services and organisations which it feels may be of interest to parishioners. However, this does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by the Council. In addition, please note that we cannot guarantee the security or safety of any external websites.