You can now sign up to the www.wiltsmessaging.co.uk/ service, which has the following features:
- FREE messages and alerts from your local Community Policing Team about policing and crime matters in your area.
- FREE messages from Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service relevant to your local area.
- You can receive free messages by email, text or voicemail.
- You can choose which organisations to receive messages from and the type of information you receive.
- Currently messages are being sent by Wiltshire Police, Wiltshire Neighbourhood Watch, Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service and Get Safe Online. Messages are also now sent from Farm Watch and Horse Watch.
- You can reply to messages, for example from your local police officers with information to help them better police your area.
- You can also join a Neighbourhood Watch scheme in your area or request to start a new one.
- Community Messaging aims to improve the flow of information between communities and the local police and fire service.