We have received the following from the Friends of the Railway Path:
Our next workday will be on Sunday 10th September, starting at 10:00. We’ll be working on the stretch north of the bridge over Rabley Lane, just east of Marlborough: the map below shows the meeting point near SU 197 697. If coming by car, leave Marlborough along St Martins and Poulton Hill. Once over the bridge, turn left up Rabley Lane. There are parking spaces by the bridge.
The work list includes:
- Removal of saplings and small trees on the bridge embankment at Rabley Lane
- Tidy up under the old bridge north of Rabley Lane
- Start work to remove a section of hedge to open views over Og valley from the benches by The Obelisk
Please wear suitable outdoor clothing and stout footwear, and bring:
- Lunch and a drink
- Gardening gloves if you have some
- Any hand tools which you think you would like to use. We will have a stock of tools for use on the day.
You are welcome to just turn up on the day. If you know in advance you would like to come, please let me know. You can work as much – or as little – as you like: all contributions welcome.
Click map for larger image: