We have received the following message from the Friends of the Railway Path:
We have been planning some events to show the plants and animals that live along the Railway Path.
- Friday 18th May, 8pm. An evening nature walk, looking out for bats, moths and anything else we can find. Meet in the car park on the path off Bytham Road, Ogbourne St George. Please:
- wear sturdy shoes and suitably warm clothing. We will spend time walking and sitting / standing.
- bring a torch if you have one, and binoculars if you have some.
If you would like to come, please register here. If you register, we can let you know if the weather is awful and we have to make different arrangements.
- Saturday 1st Sept, 10 am. Grassland day. At Whitefield Farm cutting, work to include scything and scrub-pulling. We hope to be able to put our scythings down elsewhere along the path to encourage the spread of wild flowers. Venue: TBC.
- Sunday 30th September, 2pm. Family Forage Day. Meet at the car park next to the Three Trees Farm Shop, Chiseldon.
Hope to see you on some of these.