There are a number of changes to the bus service from Marlborough to the Bedwyn Railway Station and on to Hungerford. These changes are being made by Wiltshire Council to try and spread the services throughout the day and to make better contact with the trains to London. The drop off and pick up point in Hungerford has changed from the Town Hall to Hungerford Library.
Stonehenge has had a major investment in six new 80 seater buses for visitors to be transported from the Stonehenge Visitor Centre to the Stone Circle. This has been run by the GoAhead Group which runs the Salisbury Reds and Thamesdown Bus companies. There still will be the Stonehenge Explorer running from Salisbury Railway Station to the stones.
This change will replace the land trains that have been running for the last two years, which have not been able to cope with the quantity of visitors.
Stagecoach West in Swindon will be making a number of changes from Sunday 18th February this will affect the following services:
- Service 4 to Tadpole Garden Village will run from Fleming Way rather than the Bus Station.
- Service 7 to Highworth will run every 10 minutes and 15 minutes on Saturdays and 30 minutes on Sundays.
- Service 9 to Wichelstowe and Wrougton, most buses will be retimed and still run every 20 minutes and hourly on Sundays.
- Service 49 to Trowbridge and Devizes will have a number of small timing changes.
- Service 51 and 51A will also have a number of timing changes.
- Service 52 a new service to Stroud via Cricklade and Cirencester, running every two hours.
- Service 54 Wootton Bassett to the Link Centre and Swindon, will run every 30 minutes and will call at Lydiard Fields Business Park.
- Service 55 will change to Stagecoach Gold bus and run every 20 minutes
- Service 80 and 81 will not have any changes but passengers numbers will be counted in the next six months so that services can be amended in the summer.
There are extra seats now available on GWR trains from Swindon to London owing to changes on the 2nd January which gives us longer trains and electric units from Didcot Parkway to London.