Yesterday (12 July), the Prime Minister announced that Step 4 of the roadmap out of lockdown will go ahead from next Monday (19 July).
At Step 4, the Government will remove the final restrictions on social contact and life events, and open the remaining closed businesses and venues. These changes include:
- Removing restrictions on how many people can meet in any setting, indoors or outdoors
- The opening of all settings, including nightclubs. Large events like music concerts and sporting events can resume without attendance limits. Organisers are encouraged to use vaccine certification
- All restrictions on life events such as weddings, funerals, bar/bat mitzvahs and baptisms will be removed
- The legal requirement to wear a face covering will be lifted in all settings, though it will still be expected and recommended that you wear one if you are coming into contact with people you don’t normally meet in crowded, indoor areas like public transport
- Social distancing rules will be lifted, although you should continue to consider the risks of close contact with others, particularly if you’re clinically extremely vulnerable or not yet fully vaccinated
The Government is no longer instructing people to work from home. It is expected and recommended that a gradual return to the workplace will take place over the summer
For more information, including what you need to know, visit the Government’s website.
Read the full E-newsletter: https://preview.mailerlite.com/k7x1h3/1728960086094649019/p8g1/