Wellington Street is now open
Funded by the Government, the major reconstruction of Wellington Street is now open to pedestrians, cyclists and motorists. This key gateway connecting the railway station to the town centre is much safer and more inviting for everyone who uses it.
- We’ve added a new zebra crossing on Wellington Street
- Installed a new toucan crossing on Milford Street
- Separated the paths for cyclists and pedestrians
- Refreshed and upgraded the road markings making the junction safer
- Constructed ramps to slow down traffic
For more take a look at the full E-Newsletter from Highways News.