Friends of the Railway Path workday
Our next workday will be on Sunday 11th June, starting at 10:00. We’ll be working on the stretch south of Ogbourne St Andrew: the map below shows the meeting point near SU 188 717. This is on the farm track leading to the path from the main road to Marlborough, opposite the turning signed to Ogbourne Maizey. If you come by car, there is parking for several vehicles where the access track joins the path.
The work list includes:
- Removal of small trees and shrubs to increase width on the stretch south down to Rabley Lane
- Tidy up under the old bridge north of Rabley Lane
- Remove this year’s shoots from trees on bridge abutment at Rabley Lane
- We may also be able to start work to remove a section of hedge to open views over Og valley from the benches by The Obelisk
Please wear suitable outdoor clothing and stout footwear, and bring:
- Lunch and a drink
- Gardening gloves if you have some
- Any hand tools which you think you would like to use. We will have a stock of tools for use on the day.
You are welcome to just turn up on the day. If you know in advance you would like to come, please let me know. You can work as much – or as little – as you like: all contributions welcome.