Friend of the Railway’s recent AGM
- Workdays and events have continued on the Railway Path. We have benefitted from 234 volunteer hours over the past 12 months – thank you to everyone who has managed to get to one! We also held a butterfly walk, attracting both people and butterflies: thanks to Peter David and Helen Senior.
- We now have a Facebook page to help communicate, as well as our website.
- We also have secure storage for our trailer of tools, thanks to Chiseldon Parish Council.
- Finances remain healthy.
- We have applied for funding to put up 3 interpretation boards between Ogbourne St George and Chiseldon – a funding decision should be made shortly.
The Railway Path has been chosen by Sustrans to one of its Greener Greenways, and project officer Lydia Blake led a discussion about what this may involve:
- An improved management plan, for better management and improvement of habitat;
- Offering volunteers new skills such as scything or coppicing;
- A wider variety of wildlife events along the Path.
We also discussed the question of courteous use of the Path. The Friends of the railway will want to push the message about the need for courtesy and how best to do this.
For a summary presentation click here