@The Hub Swindon and Wiltshire CIC is a not-for-profit organisation running from Fitzpatrick’s Gym on Ferndale Road. We are pleased to announce we have been funded by the Education and Skills Funding Agency to deliver an exciting new project, called ‘Boxing Clever’ aimed at young people that are currently not in education, employment or training (NEET), or are in danger of becoming NEET.
Boxing Clever is a programme set up by @The Hub to inspire young people into discovering that they have the ability to take charge of their lives through mental and emotional growth delivered through boxing.
Through Boxing Clever, young people will achieve:
- Improved physical health and general fitness
- Improved mental health
- Look at basic diet, health and wellbeing
- Feel better about themselves
- Learn to overcome obstacles
- Gain an accredited certificate in boxing coaching through the Amateur Boxing Association of England
- Link up with other partners to look at available options
- Look at ‘next steps’ including further training, apprenticeships or applying for work
Boxing Clever will be starting in July 2021. For further details, to register your interest or to refer a young person, please contact Paddy Fitzpatrick on 07917 104000 or email: email@example.com