19th-25th November is Electrical fire Safety week
Here are some social media messages you may like to use.
- In the last six years, over 250 recall notices have been issued for electrical products, mostly due to a risk of electric shock or fire. Use Electrical Safety First’s online product checker to make sure the appliances in your home are safe: www.electricalsafetyfirst.org.uk/recall #EFSW2018
- Make sure you register your electrical appliances so that you are the first to know of any safety repairs or recalls. You can do this through the manufacturers’ websites, or through the register my appliance website: www.registermyappliance.org.uk
- Don’t overload plug sockets. An extension lead or adaptor will have a limit to how many amps it can take so, to help reduce the risk of fire, be careful not to overload them. Try to keep to one plug per socket. #ElectricalFireSafetyWeek
- Many imported chargers do not satisfy UK safety regulations and can cause serious electric shock, injury or fire. Don’t be tempted to buy the cheap ones! #EFSW2018 #FireSafety #Electrics #Dorset #Wiltshire
- Never use water on an electrical fire and don’t take any risks with your safety. Pull the plug out or switch the power off if it is safe to do so. Get out, stay out and call 999. #FireSafety #EFSW2018 #HomeSafety #Electrics
- Switch off appliances at the socket when not in use. This helps to reduce the risk of fire. Switch off appliances when you go to bed or when you go out unless they are designed to be left on, like freezers.
- Check out @ElecSafetyFirst for some great safety tips this Electrical Fire Safety Week #EFSW2018 #ElectricalFireSafety #HomeSafety
- This week we are supporting the Electrical Fire Safety Week and have lots of useful safety advice and tip on our website at http://ow.ly/hkwW30mwfuf #EFSW2018 #Electrical #FireSafety
@GasSafeRegister on Twitter have requested our help to promoting a new video that’s gone out today regarding the importance of using a registered Gas engineer. Here is the link to the video for you to share https://t.co/jmkAXOzZQX