Uplands School and Education Trust is looking for four community governors to join its Board of Trustees.
The Trust admits pupils with severe or profound disabilities and multiple learning difficulties. Many students have additional needs including Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD), visual / hearing impairments, or complex medical needs. The purpose of the charity is to provide high quality education and learning opportunities for these young people.
The Trust would like to hear from people who:
• have an interest in its work;
• have experience of business, management, human resources, finance, IT, or health and safety, or any work place/industry links that could help get disabled young adults into work;
• have a desire to contribute to, and represent, the community;
• possess an enquiring mind and the confidence to ask questions and join in debate; and
• can spare the equivalent of two evenings per month.
Please don’t be put off by thinking that you have to have specialist expertise or knowledge. Enthusiasm and interest is much more important and there is tried and tested training and support to help you throughout the four year term of office.
If you would like to know more then please contact the Trust’s Clerk, Mrs Heather Large, via email at: email@example.com.