Chiseldon Parish Council is looking to hire on a contractural part-time basis, a self-employed handyperson for the parish.
The role is as follows;
- General DIY (No electrical or plumbing)
- Painting and Decorating
- Weekly maintenance checks of the Sports Pavilion & Recreation Hall
- Litter Picking – tools provided
- Deliveries around the Parish
- Updating Noticeboards
- Fortnightly checks on 2 Parish AEDs (Defibrillators) – training provided
- Collection of small loads of fly tipping
- Meter reading
- Purchasing of supplies – refunded as expenses subject to receipts.
Other jobs as mutually agreed between the successful candidate and the Parish Council.
The hours per week would be on a flexible basis and would vary week to week depending on the amount of work that is required, as arranged between the successful candidate and the Parish Clerk.
Once a 6 month probation period has been successfully concluded, a minimum monthly set requirement of hours can be agreed with the successful candidate and the Parish Council.
Own transport would be advantagous as movement around the entire parish is required.
All candidates should be generally fit and healthy as the role will have some light physical work.
The hourly rate will be £10.00 per hour plus receipted expenses for materials and supplies used. The successful candidate would be expected to manage their own HMRC and pension contributions as per normal self employed guidelines.
Applications via letter or email are invited, until Friday 8th February 2019 to be sent to the details above.
We welcome all applicants.
For more information call: 01793 740744. Email your application to email@example.com
Chiseldon Parish Council has an Equal Opportunities Policy which can be viewed on request.