We have some additional information on the changes to the recycling scheme from SBC:
- Go live date is Mon 27th November
- Additional blue bags will be available from core libraries from early November for residents who feel they need more than one, for a limited period of time.
- Residents are being encouraged to crush contents, particularly plastic bottles, to maximise blue bag space and also lorry space.
- New lorries are being delivered to enable these changes and be more efficient. Driver training is being undertaken.
- Changes are being made to the Waterside Recycling centre – the centre will be closed for bookings on Mon 13th Nov and Mon 27th Nov.
- Plastics and metals can be left out in a separate recycling box if required, but not in plastic bags