Being a member is not an onerous role but is an essential part of our future as an NHS Foundation Trust. Through the Council of Governors, members are given the opportunity to influence how the hospital is run and the services we offer.
Membership is free and you can have as much or as little involvement as you choose.
As a member, you will:
- Receive information about the Trust’s activities and member events
- Have an active involvement and share ideas for how we can improve our services
- Have the opportunity to influence the way we provide and develop our local services
- Have exclusive online access to Health Service Discounts
- Be invited to attend free events for members, e.g. behind the scenes tours and health talks
- Play an active role in deciding who will be elected as a Governor for your constituency by voting for Governors in elections
- Be eligible to stand for election as a Governor if you want to be more involved
To join, you can apply online at www.gwh.nhs.uk/about-us/membersandgovernors/members/ or email Sharon.Scott27@nhs.net for more information or a membership leaflet.