Many households in Swindon and across the country are currently struggling with rising living costs. That’s why it’s important to know what help and support is available now – that could benefit you, a relative, friend or neighbour. Check this list of 16 practical actions – is there any help you’re missing out on?
- Up to 7 million people in the UK are missing out on income-related state benefits – use a free calculator to check what you may be entitled to
- Around a third of eligible pensioners don’t claim Pension Credit that tops up the State Pension and provides access to other help – check if you’re eligible – 0800 99 1234
- Over one million families are missing out on up to £2,000 a year towards childcare costs – use this free calculator to check what help you could get
- If Housing Benefit or Universal Credit doesn’t cover all your rent, check to see if you can make a claim for a discretionary housing payment
- If you’re in debt, it’s really important to seek advice early rather than let things spiral out of control. Contact:
- Citizens Advice Swindon – 0808 278 7813
- StepChange – 0800 138 1111
- National Debtline – 0808 808 4000
- Crosslight Advice – 020 7052 0318
- Get free and impartial energy saving advice from Warm & Safe Wiltshire – 0800 038 5722 – to help manage energy costs and keep your home warm
Access further help and support available.