Please find updated contact information for Citizens Advice Swindon while our drop in service at Sanford House remains closed.
We have recently made improvements to our accessibility for clients accessing us by phone with the introduction of a freephone adviceline number 0808 2787813. We would be grateful if you can update any directories that you may have and help us get this information out widely to the general public.
We have also made changes to our referral systems for our partner organisations and would like to encourage you to now make referrals via our website referral form https://www.citizensadviceswindon.org.uk/referral/ The types of things we can help with include:
- Money advice and debt – negotiating with creditors, debt relief orders and suitable debt solutions, charitable grants to clear arrears or buy essential goods
- Work – dispute resolution, pay, termas and conditions and redundancy advice – how to prepare and what help is out there
- Income Maximisation – Benefits checks, applications and appeals. Particularly PIP, Children’s DLA, Attendance Allowance, Carers Allowance and Universal Credit
- Help to Claim Universal Credit – help to make first application and get first payment
- Housing – problems with renting, homelessness, disrepair, problems with landlord, tenancy deposit issues
- Utilites and energy advice – accessing services and grants, switching provider and energy usage advice
- Immigration – support around Brexit and settled status, immigration and nationality, working and studying in the UK and British Citizenship
- Consumer, family, legal, tax and health
Please share this widely within your teams as we really want to ensure as many people as possible are able to receive the help and advice they need at this time.
Thank you for your help with this.
Citizens Advice Swindon