- Attendances and apologies for absence to be received and approval voted on.
- Declarations of interest and vote on any dispensations submitted
- Public recess
- Approval of minutes of meeting 16th September 2019. (No meeting held in October)
- Action Points
- Resident’s request received to have a new dog bin in Badbury- See additional information
- • FEE’S INVOLVED WITH MOVING THE BADBURY NOTICEBOARD. £100 to pay to SBC for a new item on a Highway – to be paid if request to move is successful. Need to submit forms to SBC for approval
- • PURCHASE OF LEAF BLOWER. Discuss & Vote on purchase for Handyman. See additional documentation
- • CUT BACK IVY ON PARISH/SBC TREES. Does the PC fund this themselves? Discussion & possible vote. Allbuild charge £16.50 per hour labour. Handyman costs £10 per hour.
BUILDING & AMENITY PRIORITES
- • Tennis Club representative to update Committee
- • DEFIBRILLATOR FOR OUTSIDE AREA OF REC GROUND. (Outside pavilion) Tennis Club are still happy to apply for funding, however this is normally only up to 50% match funded. Football Club are looking to purchase their own device however this is for internal storage and would be kept inside the locked pavilion for the clubs use. They may consider a contribution to one for the Rec field. Local resident has contributed £100. Recommendation that CPC contribute £500 from reserves and look to get grants/donations for the rest of the costs.
- • Request from Club to install outside tap at Rec Hall TC side. See additional documentation if received.
- • Football club representative to update Committee
- No items
- No items – renewal lease letters being drafted & sent out. Will be looking at new water tank covers next month.
REC HALL, GROUND & CAR PARK
- • New sign for the Rec Hall exterior. See additional documentation
- Purchase of new items from allocated 2019/20 funds – see additional documentation
- • Discuss and vote on quotes for refurbishment of Chapel double coach doors. – see additional documentation
- • Single gate cost at SHCMG. The cost has changed since the Committee approved the work. Gate now costs £280 plus £120 delivery. (plus original installation costs) Total £550.00 Further vote required. Original cost was £448 voted on in July 2019 EGPA meeting.
- • Sign for Chapel metal gates – see additional documentation
- • VULNERABLE PEOPLE AND BIOS
- • ITEMS TO BE SUGGESTED FOR 2020/21 BUDGET. Cllrs to bring items to the meeting
- ITEMS FOR INCLUSION ON NEXT AGENDA
(Cannot be discussed or voted on at this meeting)
Legislation to allow the council to vote and/or act:
Item 6 – Dog bin – LA 1983 S5. Litter bins in England and Wales.
Item 8 – Leaf blower purchase. Highways Authority 1980 – s43. Power of Parish and Community Councils to maintain footpaths and bridleways.
Item 9 – Ivy removal from trees. Highways Authority Act 1980 s96, part 4. A local authority, if they are not the highway authority for a highway maintainable at the public expense in their area, may, with the consent of the highway authority, exercise with respect to that highway any of the powers conferred by subsections (1) and (2) above on the highway authority.
Section 1 – Subject to the provisions of this section, a highway authority may, in a highway maintainable at the public expense by them, plant trees and shrubs and lay out grass verges, and may erect and maintain guards or fences and otherwise do anything expedient for the maintenance or protection of trees, shrubs and grass verges planted or laid out, whether or not by them, in such a highway.
Item 11 – Defibrillator contribution. Public Health Act 1936. S234. Provision of life saving devices.
Item 12 – Outside tap at Rec Hall. Local Government Act 1894. S8(1) (i) Parish Property, maintenance and improvement of
Item 16 – New Rec Hall sign. Local Government Act 1894. S8(1) (i) Parish Property, maintenance and improvement of
Item 17 – New Playground equipment. Local Government (Misc provisions) Act 1976. S19(1) Recreational Facilities
Item 18 – Refurbishment of Chapel doors. Local Government Act 1894. S8(1) (i) Parish Property, maintenance and improvement of
Item 19 – Gate at SHC Memorial Garden. Local Government Act 1894. S8(1) (i) Parish Property, maintenance and improvement of
Item 20 – Signage for Chapel gates. Local Government Act 1894. S8(1) (i) Parish Property, maintenance and improvement of