23/01 Public recess.  No public

23/02. Approval of apologies given.

Absence with apologies:  None.  Absence with no apologies given – Cllr Bates.

To be noted that Cllr Whitehead did provide apologies for the March meeting but they were omitted from the minutes.

Cllr Simpson has a dispensation for non-attendance.

Ward Cllrs Elliott and Sumner had sent their apologies.

23/03. Co-option of Cllrs.  There were no candidates.

23/04. Declarations of interest. none

23/05. Approval of minutes from 13th March 2023. No changes

A proposal was made to approve these minutes as an accurate account of the meeting. The proposal was seconded and all Cllrs were in favour.

23/06. Action points from previous meeting.

22/129. Write to SBC planning with concerns over Old Dairy application procedures. DONE. Office appointed but no further feedback given.

22/137. Add Old Dairy Application to the March planning agenda. DONE

22/139. Add item to April EGPA agenda. DONE

Cllr Jefferies

20/16. Investigate end of Badbury footpath being blocked. Waiting for SBC officer update.

23/07. Policy and Community report. Cllr Sunners

The next update meeting with the police and NHW is 27th April at 9.00am.  Cllrs are welcome to attend.

There were 23 crimes in total for Chiseldon and Badbury Park in Feb.  The Gov has announced extra funding to be made available to support local youth projects.

Cllr Jefferies arrives 19.36.

23/08. Ward Cllrs reports. Ward Cllr Jefferies for Chiseldon and Lawn Ward.

SBC have confirmed that New Road and Hodson Road have been approved for full re-surfacing. No dates confirmed yet. Suspect May for Hodson Road and school summer holiday period for New Road as this will require a full closure.

The Highways Officer that visited the area, can also see that traffic lights would benefit the New Road/A346 junction and recognises that the New Road Build Out is not in the optimum position.

Ward Cllr Jefferies also took him to the 2 proposed layby site in Windmill Piece and Draycot Foliat and it was agreed that these are required.  The solar light delays for Strouds Hill have been rectified.

Ward Cllr Jefferies will update the council when more is known.

There were no reports received from Ward Cllrs Elliott and Sumner.

23/09.  Approval of Policies

Training Policy: (New policy)

A proposal was made to approve this policy with no changes. The proposal was seconded and all Cllrs were in favour.

Cllr Jefferies is to ask if SBC will allow Parish Cllrs on their training sessions where there are spaces.

23/10. Report on Countryside Access talk – Cllr Whitehead

A verbal update was received.  SBC didn’t unfortunately attend the meeting so the information was from Wiltshire Council only.

Lack of funds mean principal councils can no longer maintain pathways, asking PC’s to take over.

Ward Cllr Jefferies will contact the relevant SBC officer to see what the situation is with SBC.

23/11. FINANCE. Approval £250 fee from SBC for solar lights approval licence

A proposal was made to approve this cost of £250. The proposal was seconded and all Cllrs were in favour.

23/12. FINANCE. Approve changes to Unity signatories.

Proposed changes:

Cllr Kearsey added to approver list. (already an inputter)

Clerk and RFO added to approver list. (already an inputter)

A proposal was made to approve these additions to the approver list. The proposal was seconded and all Cllrs were in favour.

23/13. FINANCE.  Quarterly budget vs expenditure report overview.

The finance reports and overview document were reviewed. There were no comments or questions.

23/14. Bi-annual website review.

There were no comments or questions around the website.

23/15. Committee reports

Finance – Transaction reports review for March 2023.

A proposal was made that the March 2023 report was an accurate reflection of the councils transactions. The proposal was seconded and all Cllrs were in favour.

EGPA – Cllr Rogers. Main take away from the meeting was the postponing of the proposed skate park, taking up a portion of Castle View green area.  This was due to residents feedback. It will be looked at further at a later date. Youth club project is progressing with 4 volunteers – ideally 2 more are needed.  The school will hire out the hall to the council. The allotments have had the ariel drone photos completed. The hedge cutting at the allotments has been re-scheduled.

Planning – Cllr Kearsey.    The Dairy at Badbury application had been reviewed, but will be on the April agenda due to feedback from the applicants.  The solar lights for Strouds Hill have been ordered and the new tender document approved for the layby work.

Finance – Cllr Harris. No meeting.

Recreation Hall – Cllr Harris. The final comments from SBC on pre-planning advice and from Sports England were reviewed. The next step is to arrange a meeting with the landowner to finalise any proposal for the land required. The overall project costs were higher than anticipated so this needs to be investigated.

Risk Assessments – (Months are deleted from this report once all items are complete)

March assessments were:

Infectious risk – Clerk do with Chairman and Vice Chairman.  DONE. No issues.

New Tree planting RA created and signed off. DONE

April assessments are:

Clerk’s job role – Clerk to do

Admin Officer and RFO job role – RFO to do

Street Furniture Chiseldon – volunteers needed

Street Furniture other areas – volunteers needed

Chapel and Museum – Clerk to do

Financial Risk – RFO and Finance Chairman to complete

Correspondence feedback for Cllrs – None

23/16. Items for next agenda.  None

Meeting closed 20.36


All Actions to be completed by the next Full Committee meeting unless otherwise specified.

Cllr Jefferies

20/16. Investigate end of Badbury footpath being blocked. Waiting for SBC officer update.

23/09. To ask SBC if P.Cllrs can attend SBC training if there are spaces.

23/10. To find out the current situation with regards to public footpaths and maintenance after the Countryside Access talk that SBC did not attend.