Cllr Jefferies is at another meeting, Cllr Harris is unwell and Cllr Simpson is on maternity leave. Non-attendance with no apologies: Cllr Patel
A proposal was made that these apologies be accepted. The proposal was seconded and all Cllrs were in favour.
21/108. Declarations of Interest.
Mr Vic Angell representing the developer of the Brimble Hill Data Centre.
Mr Angell advised on the following:
- The original application was approved and work is going well. 60% of the total of all lorry movements already achieved.
- The ground at area 1 of the site has been shown to be not suitable for building on. Made up of soil and hardcore coming from the original Hewlett Packard build and the old hospital.
- Need to remove this ground and place it in the existing dip at area 2 on the site map. Can then backfill site 1 with suitable materials. Some materials will also go near the attenuation pond.
- There was some evidence of asbestos near the Beta and Gamma sites of the old centre. A June 2021 supplementary investigation showed these levels to be lower than previously expected. Clean soil has been used to cover these areas.
- The Contaminated Land Officer at SBC has been consulted and has no objection to the proposed revised section 73 application.
- The client is already talking to SBC to create educational programs for young people.
- The client is talking to the Burderop Estate about diversity of land programs.
- Wroughton PC had raised concerns over the state of the roads with lorry movements. The construction company has a wheel washer on site and also a street cleaning machine that goes to surrounding roads every 2 hours and washes the road up to the Burderop T junction.
- They will provide CPC with a phone number to use to report road issues.
21/109. Approval of minutes from 28th October 2021.
A proposal was made to approve these minutes as an accurate reflection of the meeting. The proposal was seconded and all Cllrs were in favour.
21/110. Action points from previous meeting.
20/122 Engage with SBC Highways on cost of removing the Build Out. Ongoing with Cllr Jefferies and SBC
21/73 Ask Ward Cllr Jefferies to assist with the provision of traffic lights on New Road/A346. See minute item for details Ongoing with Cllr Jefferies and SBC
21/74 Ask Ward Cllr Jefferies if SBC can build the 2 required layby’s using the same procedures as the Norris Close layby. Ongoing with Cllr Jefferies and SBC
21/98 Sent Cllr Jefferies the details of the traffic plan required for the Brimble Hill data centre. DONE. Traffic plan provided and distributed.
21/102 | 21/103 Reply to SBC with decisions on planning apps from this meeting. DONE
21/105 Write a letter to SBC about the hazards of not cleaning road signs. DONE and sent to SBC Highways on email via Ward Cllr Jefferies.
21/111. PLANNING. Discuss & vote on S/21/1760. Brimble Hill Data centre.
A proposal was made to approve the application, and add the condition that follows the Contaminated Land Officers report that any changes to contaminants or levels of contaminants in the soil be reported immediately for investigation. The proposal was seconded and all Cllrs were in favour.
Mr Angell left the meeting at 19.58
21/112. PLANNING. Discuss & Vote on S/21/1237. Draycot Farm
A proposal was made to reject this application as previous concerns over access to the site and road safety on nearby roads had not been adequately addressed. The proposal was seconded and all Cllrs were in favour.
21/113. PLANNING. Discuss & Vote on S/HOU/21/1709. 34 Draycott Road.
A proposal was made to approve this application. The proposal was seconded and all Cllrs were in favour.
21/114. PLANNING. Discuss & Vote on S/21/1741. Three Trees Farm Shop.
A proposal was made to approve this application with the additional comment that a Type 2 Connector on 1 unit would be beneficial to the site. The proposal was seconded and all Cllrs were in favour.
21/115. CPC NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN. How to approve overtime costs to Clerk and Admin Officer from NHP budget.
A proposal was made that any required overtime costs would be approved by the Committee Chairman and Vice Chairman before work went ahead. The proposal was seconded and all Cllrs were in favour.
The proposal is to be taken to the Finance Committee for approval.
21/116. HIGHWAYS. Discussion of quotes for Windmill Piece and Draycot Foliat parking areas.
The quotes received so far were reviewed, and one more quote is still to be provided. It was agreed that tarmac should be used if possible and if SBC were in agreement.
The item will be moved to the next agenda to be reviewed again and voted on, if applicable.
21/118. Items for the next agenda
Meeting closed at 20.09
20/122 Engage with SBC Highways on cost of removing the Build Out.
21/73 Ask Ward Cllr Jefferies to assist with the provision of traffic lights on New Road/A346. See minute item for details
21/74 Ask Ward Cllr Jefferies if SBC can build the 2 required layby’s using the same procedures as the Norris Close layby.
21/115 Take NHP overtime proposal to Finance Committee for approval
21/111 | 21/112 | 21/113 | 21/114 Reply to SBC with decisions on planning apps from this meeting
21/116 Add voting on contractor for layby work to Jan 2022 agenda.