22/73. Approval of apologies given.
Absence with apologies: Cllrs Duke and Jackson have work commitments. Cllr Jefferies is unwell. Cllr Bates sent apologies with no reason given.
There were no apologies from Cllr Simpson.
A proposal was made to approve these apologies given. The proposal was seconded and all Cllrs were in favour.
32/74. Declarations of interest. None
22/75. Public recess.
22/76. Approval of minutes from 10th October 2022.
A proposal was made to approve these minutes as an accurate account of the meeting. The proposal was seconded and all Cllrs were in favour.
22/77. Action points from previous meeting.
22/7. Direct contact number/email for reports regarding the Firs site shared via weekly newsletter, community FB page and website. Clerk to advise Cllr Jefferies when does she need to provide details in time for this Fridays newsletter. NO UPDATE
22/64. Ask Sanders to make wording change to website heading. DONE
22/67. Reply to SBC that CPC will not be taking an allowance for Cllrs. DONE
22/68. Advise Limeway they have been appointed to do the work and send information to Cllr Rawlings to conclude the project. DONE
22/69. Ensure next budget vs expenditure report has a summary page of variances. DONE
20/16. Investigate end of Badbury footpath being blocked. Waiting for SBC officer update. NO UDPATE.
22/78. Community Safety and police report. Cllr Sunners
19 crimes reported in the area for October.
The allotment thefts and vandalism at Wanborough were noted.
PCSO Truemen is attending bi-monthly meetings with NHW reps. 6th Jan is the next date. PC Paul Harrison will also attend. The road markings at New Road/A346 junction have been reported.
There are plans for 2 mobile police stations. PSCO Trueman is hoping to do a local pop up event before Christmas.
22/79. Ward Cllrs reports
Lawrence Elliott – Chiseldon and Lawn Ward.
Ward Cllr Elliott noted the National Road Safety week and to be visible on dark nights when on the roads.
There are new speed monitoring strips on New Road.
Meeting with head of Strategic Transport John Harris at SBC with Ward Cllr Jefferies. The A346/New Road issue was raised. There is a need to look at a holistic solution for the whole journey through Chiseldon to Wroughton. The route is still the diversion route from National Highways for when the M4 is closed. Cllr Kearsey commented that he believed this had been changed in 2021?
SBC are talking to National Highways about a solution. They may change this diversion route to go from Wroughton to Swindon and then down past the hospital. This work would take 12 months to make sure stakeholders were satisfied with the changes. The A346/New Road issue will be part of this solution.
New Road – bore holes have been dug. The substrate is corrupt. Cannot patch/lay new surface. The road needs to be dug up. This project is now moving forward.
Ward Cllrs Elliott and Sumner met with the head of the “Way Forward” program at Great Western Hospital. They have a 3-5 year strategic plan.
The Remembrance service in Swindon had good attendance. New census information tells us there are 9500 veterans in the Swindon area. All ages and all conflicts.
Gary Sumner – Ridgeway Ward for Badbury residents.
Great Western Hospital improvements being made – new triage room, new mental health unit and new private wing.
Openreach – Badbury soon to go live. Sambre Road still an issue – more work to be done in Jan 23
Hodson Road due to be completed 5th Dec. Burderop Barns nearly complete.
Butts Road also nearly complete.
Both Ward Cllrs left the meeting at 20.14
22/80. Approval of Policies
A proposal was made to approve this policy. The proposal was seconded and all Cllrs were in favour.
A change to be made to item 6.1 stating that expenses with no receipt will be determined by Finance Committee.
Change to following reimbursements due to inflationary costs.
Hotel Room outside M25 from £80 to £100
Hotel Room inside M25 from £100 to £150
Evening meal from £20 to £25
A proposal was made to approve this policy with the changes listed above. The proposal was seconded and all Cllrs were in favour.
22/81. FINANCE. Note on amendment to budget vs expenditure report presented at October meeting.
It was noted for the minutes that the CVPA General Maintenance Fund was listed as an overspend. This was in fact an underspend of 37% YTD.
22/82. FINANCE. Note of clear audit for 2021/22 from PKF Littlejohn.
It was noted for the minute that the audit was clear. Thanks to the RFO who prepared the audit for inspection and review.
22/83. EGPA Committee.
Review of request for an above ground mausoleum to be approved in the councils cemeteries – requiring a change to Cemetery Regulations to allow this.
After a discussion the following was noted:
The 2 council cemeteries are “Lawn Cemeteries” with no mausoleums at present. This presents a specific type of layout and appearance for the areas.
The addition of mausoleums would alter the look of the cemeteries and would expose the council to unnecessary risk.
Other plot holders need to be considered who purchase a plot for a below ground burial.
A proposal was made to reject the request to allow mausoleums within the 2 council cemeteries. The proposal was seconded and all Cllrs were in favour.
22/84. Committee reports
Finance – Transaction reports review.
A proposal was made that the October 2022 report was an accurate reflection of the councils transactions. The proposal was seconded and all Cllrs were in favour.
The November to date report was noted.
EGPA – Cllr Rogers. Xmas trees on New Road approved. Tommie Remembrance signs approved. Purchase of willow tree for Jubilee planting approved. Costs for graveyard audit approved. Will be using a grant finding company to improve CVPA area.
Planning – Cllr Kearsey. Application at John Alder Close rejected. 5 High Street approved.
Finance – Cllr Harris. Nothing to report as no meeting.
Recreation Hall – Cllr Harris. Nothing to report as no meeting.
Risk Assessments –
March assessments were:
Chiseldon Street furniture overdue and pending. COMPLETED – No issues
July assessments were:
Financial – Completed. Minor improvements made to procedures.
August assessments were:
Pavilions – COMPLETED. No issues.
Allotments – COMPLETED. No issues.
Graveyard Maintenance. COMPLETED. No issues.
Handyman and manual handling COMPLETED. No issues.
October assessments are: (all in hand)
Clerk COMPLETED. No issues.
RFO and Admin officer – with RFO to complete
Street Furniture Chiseldon – PENDING, with Handyman
Street Furniture other areas – PENDING, with Handyman
Village Planters – PENDING, with Handyman
November assessments are: (all in hand)
Cleaner and manual handling – COMPLETED – No issues.
SIDs. Hodson Road and Badbury. Requested this be carried out by Cllrs Kearsey and Jackson. Waiting confirmation. Cllr Kearsey has completed the Hodson Road site – No issues to report.
Millenium Wood – PENDING with handyman.
Fire Risk – PENDING. Clerk to complete.
Correspondence feedback for Cllrs – None
22/85. Items for next agenda.
Meeting closed 20.51
All Actions to be completed by the next Full Committee meeting unless otherwise specified.
22/7. Direct contact number/email for reports regarding the Firs site shared via weekly newsletter, community FB page and website. Clerk to advise Cllr Jefferies when does she need to provide details in time for this Fridays newsletter.
22/80. Update expenses policy.
20/16. Investigate end of Badbury footpath being blocked. Waiting for SBC officer update.