To receive questions and comments from the public on Council related matters. Members of the public are allowed to address the Chairman for 3 minutes. No decisions will be taken at this meeting. Discussion will only take place when a subject raised is within an agenda item. Maximum 10 minutes
Certain items are expected to include the consideration of exempt information Finance Committee is, therefore, recommended to resolve “That, in accordance with Section 100A(4) of the Local Government Act 1972, the public be excluded during the discussion of the matters referred to in the items listed below, on the grounds that they involve the likely disclosure of exempt information, as defined in the respective paragraph of Part 1 of Schedule 12A of the Act, and the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information”.
Item 17. Discuss approach made by local business owner with regards to selling their asset.
Reason for Restriction:
Schedule 12(A) Local Government Act 1972, Paragraph (1,2,3):
1. Information relating to any individual.
2. Information which is likely to reveal the identity of an individual.
3. Information relating to the financial or business affairs of any particular person (including the authority holding that information).
Information is not exempt if it is required to be registered under-
- The Companies Act 1985
- The Friendly Societies Act 1974
- The Friendly Societies Act 1992
- The Industrial and Provident Societies Acts 1965 to 1978
- The Building Societies Act 1986 (recorded in the public file of any building society, within the meaning of the Act)
- The Charities Act 199Information is exempt to the extent that, in all the circumstances of the case, the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information.
Information is not exempt if it relates to proposed development for which the local planning authority may grant itself planning permission pursuant to Regulation 3 of the Town & Country Planning General Regulations 1992(a).
1. List attendances and vote on approval of apologies for absence (Absences without apologies to be noted separately)
2. To vote on Co-option of 7 candidates for Parish Cllr. (if any candidates are in attendance). See additional information
3. Vote on any declarations of interests – and vote on any dispensations requested.
4. Approval of minutes – Full Council meeting 15th May 2023.
5. Action Points
6. Community safety, including Police report.
7.Ward Cllr reports.
8. FINANCE. Approve Governance report for 2022/23 AGAR See additional information
9. FINANCE. Approve Accounting Statement for 2022/23 AGAR See additional information
10.FINANCE. Approve costs of £502.78 for Washpool annual insurance. (Includes IPT & Admin fee) See additional information
11.FINANCE. Approve the asset register ending 31.3.23 See additional information
12.FINANCE. Approve costs of £81.33 for new silver bar, and 62p per letter for new engraving, for update to Chairman’s chains. Will also include postage costs.
13.Consider whether the council wish to respond to SBC’s Health Survey. Agree on overall comments to be made. See additional information
14.Request for Parish Cllrs to attend the monthly Ward Cllr surgery to represent the Parish Council. (on a rota basis)
15.PLANNING. Review and vote on response to S/ADV/23/0484. Display of 3no. illuminated signs. Chiseldon Service Station, Marlborough Road Chiseldon
16. COMMITTEE REPORTS: Brief reports only please due to time constraints.
- Finance – Review & Vote on May 2022 finance figures-loaded onto MS Teams in “Teams/Chiseldon Parish Council/Files” June finance figures to date loaded into MS Teams for information.
- Finance – Cllr Rogers as Vice Chair to report.
- EGPA from Cllr Rogers
- Planning, Highways and Transport from Cllr Kearsey.
- Risk Assessment report from Clerk. See additional information
- Correspondence feedback for Cllrs – if available, loaded onto MS Teams.
17. CONFIDENTIAL ITEM. Discuss approach made by local business owner with regards to selling their asset. See confidential information
18. Items for next agenda. (Cannot be discussed and/or voted on at this meeting)