You are summoned to the August 2020 PARISH COUNCIL MEETING.
Agenda on Monday 14th September 2020 at 7.30pm.
Virtual meeting via Microsoft Teams.
See bottom of agenda for link.
PUBLIC RECESS – to receive questions and comments from the public on Council related matters. Members of the public are allowed to address the Chair for 3 minutes. No decisions will be taken at this meeting. Discussion will only take place when a subject raised is within an agenda item.
Maximum 10 minutes
1. CO-OPTION BY VOTE OF NEW PARISH CLLRS. (if relevant)
2. LIST ATTENDANCES AND VOTE ON APPROVAL OF APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE (Absences without apologies to be noted separately)
3. DECLARATIONS OF INTERESTS and vote on any dispensations requested.
4. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – Full Council meeting 10th August 2020.
5. Approval of July extra full council meeting minutes for grant funding for fun day. 20.7.2020
6. ACTION POINTS
7. COMMUNITY SAFETY, inc Police report
8. Ward Cllr reports
9. Monthly review of safe opening procedures and upkeep of Castle View Play area due to Covid-19 Government restrictions. Clerk to provide a verbal report.
10. Re-forming of Finance Committee for budget/precept.
Committee to reform for 2 meetings in Oct & Nov to finalise budget and precept for 2021/22. To report back to Full Council.
Cllr Harris, Kearsey and Rogers original members of the committee. New member required.
Finance/business/budgeting experience desired.
11. Council to discuss and vote on items for the 2021/22 budget which will form part of the precept that are not committee specific.
Including requirement of £5,000 for Washpool boardwalk repairs.
Cllrs to come to the meeting with any suggestions. Committee recommended spend will also be submitted for consideration.
12. Discussion on Cllrs contributing to a memorial bench for ex-Cllr David Hill. (item requested by Cllr Rawlings) See additional documentation.
13. Discuss and vote on Policies required:
- Publication Scheme
- Complaints Policy
- Disciplinary Policy
- Grievance Policy
- Expenses Policy – final formatted version. Item 5.5 added.
All policies to be provided for review prior to the meeting.
14. Chiseldon and COVID-19 – its cost and impact on our local community and potential for the Parish Council. Including the costing implications to Chiseldon Parish Council. Item requested by Cllr Sunners
15. No items
16. Discuss and vote on Councillor and Chairman allowances. See additional documentation
17. Review and vote on council insurance provision for next 12 months. Including whether to take on 3 year arrangement. See additional documentation
18. Review internal annual auditors report. See additional information
19. Delegated powers to spend the annual training budget to be discussed and voted on. See additional information
20. Approval of costs from training budget for Cllrs Kearsey and A Rogers for Cllrs course. See additional information
21. COMMITTEE REPORTS:
- Finance – Review & Vote on Aug 2020 finance figures-loaded onto MS Teams in “Teams/Chiseldon Parish Council/Files”
- EGPA from Cllr Rawlings
- Risk Assessment report from Clerk – No new assessments for Sept.
- Correspondence feedback for Cllrs – loaded onto MS Teams in “Teams/Chiseldon Parish Council/Files”
22. Items for next agenda. (Cannot be discussed and/or voted on at this meeting)
MS Teams Link: