PUBLIC RECESS – to receive questions and comments from the public on Council related matters. Members of the public are allowed to address the Chair for 3 minutes. No decisions will be taken at this meeting. Discussion will only take place when a subject raised is within an agenda item. Maximum 10 minutes
- Vote for CO-OPTION OF COUNCILLORS (if needed)
- LIST ATTENDANCES AND VOTE ON APPROVAL OF APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE (Absences without apologies to be noted separately)
- DECLARATIONS OF INTERESTS and vote on any dispensations requested.
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES – Full Council meeting on 22nd July 2019
- ACTION POINTS
- COMMUNITY SAFETY – INC POLICE REPORT
- Ward Cllr updates. Cllrs to report back on parking issues at:
Slipper Lane/Turnball – DYL request
Turnball/Hodson Road junction DYL request to make fire hydrant accessible
Dropped kerb required at Slipper Lane/Turnball junction
Access issue to property at Dykes Mews
- Review and Vote on SBC draft Local Plan and SHELAA documents – Visit www.swindon.gov.uk/localplanreview. For details
- Discuss and possible vote on changing the location of the monthly Ward/Parish surgery from 2020 to incorporate a regular visit to Badbury. Suitable site (not a licenced premises) would need to be identified.
COMMITTEE ITEMS – ENVIRONMENT, GENERAL PURPOSE & AMENITIES
- Approve costs of £66.00 from Allbuild to remove waste from Rec ground shed and dispose of appropriately.
- Discuss & Vote on drainage works for Rec field carpark to stop mud flow to Tennis Courts – See additional documentation
COMMITTEE ITEMS – FINANCE
- To be minuted. Delegated emergency powers enacted to approve insurance for the Washpool area (WARP) at a cost of £410.86 with Came and Co. Approved by Cllrs Harris, Rogers and Rawlings, and by the Parish Clerk.
- Discuss and vote on an amount added to a new reserves fund for VE 75th year celebration arrangements in 2020.
- In regards to item 10 above – Finance Committee to discuss and approve £66.00 expenditure from EGPA committee to empty Rec ground shed.
COMMITTEE ITEMS – FINANCE – CONTINUED
- Discuss & vote on possible match funding for 3rd AED (Defibrillator). Tennis Club are looking for grants but many insist on match funding. CPC need to also commit to possible training costs & the annual costs that the 2 exiting AED’s already incur. (Note, the company we purchased the last 2 AED’s from did free training)
Costs approx. £1000 match funding, annual costs currently £58.80 and any training costs.
- FINANCE TO DISCUSS & VOTE ON REC CARPARK DRAINAGE, subject to EGPA vote above on item 11.
COMMITTEE ITEMS – PLANNING, HIGHWAYS & TRANSPORT DEVELOPMENT
- Discuss and vote on S/LBC/19/1075 for retrospective approval from Whichway Cottge, Badbury. Replacement of 7 windows, 1 external door, installation of brick hearth & work to chimne flue. Details can be found on SBC website. www.swindon.gov.uk
- COMMITTEE AND REPRESENTATION REPORTS (3 minutes per Chair) If needed.
FINANCE – Vote on approval of Final April finance figures & internal audit update – see separate document.
ENVIRONMENT, GENERAL PURPOSE & AMENITIES
PLANNING, HIGHWAYS & TRANSPORT DEVELOPMENT
GRANTS SUB-COMMITTEE – if needed
RISK ASSESSMENTS – Clerk to report on completed July assessments
- Items for next agenda
N.B – Correspondence to be emailed in advance of meeting.
Legislation to allow the council to vote and/or act:
Item 10 & 14: LGA 1894 s.8 (1) (i) Parish property – maintenance, improvement of
Item 11 & 16: LGA 1894 s.8 (1) (i) Parish property – maintenance, improvement of
Item 12: LGA 1972 s.111 Subsidiary Powers
Item 13: LGA 1972 s.137 Parish Events **Must be recorded separately on Finance Records & has upper limit of expenditure.
Item 15: Public Health Act 1936, s.234
Item 17: Town and County Planning Act 1990, Schedule 1, Paragraph 8.