PUBLIC RECESS – to receive questions and comments from the public on Council related matters. Members of the public are allowed to address the Chair for 3 minutes. No decisions will be taken at this meeting. Discussion will only take place when a subject raised is within an agenda item. Maximum 10 minutes
- Vote for CO-OPTION OF COUNCILLORS if required
- LIST ATTENDANCES AND VOTE ON APPROVAL OF APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE (Absences without apologies to be noted separately)
- DECLARATIONS OF INTERESTS and vote on any dispensations requested.
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES – Full Council meeting on 14th October 2019
- ACTION POINTS
- FINANCE – Review grant request from Netball Club – See additional documentation Fiona Allen from the group attending.
- Presentation from Hillary Howe on the history of the Washpool renovations
- Ward Cllr reports
- Review emergency plans – subject to information being available.
- Discuss & vote on giving the Clerk delegated powers to reply to simple planning applications
- Discuss & vote on S/HOU/19/1500 – 5 New Road “Rosslyn”. Single Storey Rear extension.
- Discuss & vote on S/HOU/19/1538 – 13 Home Close. Single Storey rear extension to existing garage to form a workshop.
- Discuss and vote on S/19/1582 – change of use of land for new shooting area & extension to club house. Barbury Shooting School.
- Discussion & Cllr and Chairman’s allowance – see additional documentation
- Discussion & Vote on £20 expenditure to Social Club for hosting Christmas drinks for lights switch on.
- Discuss & vote on Sanders quote for further work on website – see additional documentation
- Discuss SBC proposed plan for Parish Councils to subsidise tree maintenance work – see additional documentation. (No vote)
- Review & Vote on new tender document for contracts over £25,000 – see additional documentation
- Information – Rec Hall block advanced bookings and block football pitch bookings no longer charge VAT as per legal guidelines.
- COMMITTEE REPORTS:
EGPA from Cllr Rawlings
Risk Assessment report from Clerk
Grants Sub-committee update
- Items for next agenda
Legislation to allow the council to vote and/or act:
Item 6 – Grant request. LG(MP)A 1976, Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1976. Grant to non profit making voluntary organisation providing recreation facilities
Item10 – Delegated planning powers to the Clerk. LGA 1972 s111. Subsidiary Powers of Local Authorities
Item 11, 12 and 13. Planning Applications. Town and County Planning Act 1990, Schedule 1, Paragraph 8
Item 14 – Allowances. Chairman’s Allowance LGA 1972, s15(5) Chairman & Vice Chairman of Parish Council or meeting “A Parish Council may pay the Chairman for the purpose of enabling him to meet the expenses of his office such allowances the council think reasonable”.
Councillors Allowance LGA 1972, s173 Allowances to members of local authorities & other bodies
Item 15 – Donation to Social Club. LGA 1972 s137. Power of local authorities to incur expenditure for certain purposes not otherwise authorised MUST BE SPECIFICALLY RECORDED ON FINANCES – MAX LIMIT PER YEAR.
Item 16 – Website improvements. LGA 1972, s142. Web site; creation & running costs
Item 17 – Tree work with SBC. Possibly LGA 1972 s136. Contribution towards expenditure on concurrent functions. Would want SBC to confirm before funds were transferred.