Public recess – to receive questions and comments from the public on Council related matters. Members of the public are allowed to address the Chairman for 3 minutes. No decisions will be taken at this meeting. Discussion will only take place when a subject raised is within an agenda item. Maximum 10 minutes
1. List attendances and vote on approval of apologies for absence (Absences without apologies to be noted separately)
2. To vote on co-option of 4 candidates for Parish Cllr. (if any candidates are in attendance). See additional information
3. Vote on any declarations of interests – and vote on any dispensations requested.
4. Approval of minutes – Full Council meeting 9th October 2023.
5. Action Points from last meeting.
6. Community safety, including Police report.
7. Ward Cllr reports.
8. Update from Cllr Kearsey on Swindon Borough Council’s (SBC) proposal of the transfer of further services to Parish Councils, plus update to Parish Charter. See additional information
9. Discussion and vote on feedback to SBC on the draft Parish Charter document. See additional information
10. Discussion and vote on change to Chiseldon Parish Council election cycle to synch with SBC election cycle. See additional information
11. FINANCE. To approve £3800 for ash tree removal at Rec Ground by Morgan Trees. Approved by EGPA committee but only £2150.00 in the tree budget for the year. Remaining funds of £1650.00 to come from unallocated funds.
12. FINANCE. To approve the grant fund request of £288.00 from the Chiseldon Memory Café. See additional information
13. FINANCE. To vote on the expenditure required to install Cloudberry backup on the 2 staff laptops. See additional information.
14. Approval of policies: None for Nov 23
15. PLANNING. Discuss and vote on S/HOU/23/1201. 2 New Farm Cottages, Ridgeway. Erection of single storey and rear extension and detached garage.
16. PLANNING. Discussion & vote on any additional planning applications received from Swindon Borough Council where a time extension is not approved to hear the item at the next planning meeting. Published on the council’s Facebook page and on the councils website.
17. COMMITTEE REPORTS: Brief reports only please due to time constraints.
Finance – Review & Vote on October 2023 finance figures-loaded onto MS Teams in “Teams/Chiseldon Parish Council/Files” November finance figures to date loaded into MS Teams for information.
Finance report No meeting
EGPA report from Cllr Rogers
Planning, Highways and Transport report from Cllr Jefferies.
Risk Assessment report from Clerk. See additional information
Correspondence feedback for Cllrs – if available, loaded onto MS Teams.
18. Items for next agenda. (Cannot be discussed and/or voted on at this meeting)