23/159. Public recess. No public
23/160 Approval of apologies given.
Absence with apologies: Cllrs Jackson was unwell and Cllr Quidwai’s car would not start.
A proposal was made to approve the apologies given. The proposal was seconded and all Cllrs were in favour.
23/161. Co-option of Cllrs. No candidates
23/162. Declarations of interest. None
23/163. Approval of minutes from 11th December 2023. No changes
A proposal was made to approve these minutes as an accurate account of the meeting with the above change. The proposal was seconded and all Cllrs were in favour.
23/164. Action points from previous meeting. Completed items in grey.
23/29. Chase up Badbury hedge cutting and white line painting issues with Ward Cllr Sumner. NO PROGRESS. WITH ENFORCEMENT.
23/148. Report back to consultant on NHP updates requested. DONE
23/149. To arrange purchase and installation of 2 dog bins DONE
23/150. To arrange purchase of new defib pads. DONE
23/152. Advise RFO on increase to handyman’s hourly rate to £20 from Dec 23. DONE
23/153. Advise RFO on increase to staff hourly rates and back pay. DONE
23/156. Advise RFO on option to tax decision so a map of the site and the minute reference can be saved in the relevant files. DONE
Ward Cllr Hopkins and Elliott
20/16. Investigate end of Badbury footpath being blocked. Waiting for SBC officer update. NO UPDATE
23/10. To find out the current situation with regards to public footpaths and maintenance after the Countryside Access talk that SBC did not attend. NO UPDATE
23/115 Create a list of suggested PROWS that should be added to the definitive map. Request item be added to a full council agenda for discussion and vote. IN PROGRESS.
23/165. Police and Community report. Cllr Sunners
November crime numbers for Chiseldon – 14 crimes of a variety of types.
23/166. Ward Cllrs reports. Ward Cllr Elliott
A lot of flood and waste issues reported by W.Cllrs Elliott and Hopkins the past couple of weeks. Waste issues on a 2-3 week backlog to catch up.
Canney Close was pumped out and sandbags provided.
Jon Harris the Strategic Head of Highways at SBC has left. SBC will be recruiting to replace him. Anything not urgent with highways will be delayed.
No report from Cllr Hopkins or Sumner.
Ward Cllr Elliott leaves 20.04
23/167. Discussion on response to SBC on devolvement of services.
A proposal was made that the current response is that the council are not going to be taking on any further services from SBC at this time. The proposal was seconded and all Cllrs were in favour.
It was also agreed that the Clerk would feedback to SBC that if SBC can get exact service requirements and costs to the PC by June 24 then CPC will look into getting quotes from contractors to consider taking over services for 25/26 financial year with no guarantees offered.
The Clerk is to also ask whether SBC equipment/personal can be used for the extra services, plus access to other services such as legal services. What funds will SBC provide to CPC for the transition of services.
The inflated extra costs currently faced by CPC to place extra benches in the parish and install 2 new laybys by SBC are to be used as an example.
23/168. FINANCE To approve the proposed 24/25 budget document. Document already reviewed and approved by Finance Committee.
A proposal was made to approve the budget for 24/25. The proposal was seconded and all Cllrs were in favour.
A public version of the budget will be made available on the council’s website shortly.
23/169. FINANCE. To approve the draft precept for 24/25 of £160,000. No change from 23/24 budget. Already approved by Finance Committee.
A proposal was made to approve the 24/25 precept of £160,000 The proposal was seconded and a majority of Cllrs were in favour.
It was noted that due to a small decrease in the tax number this would equal a monthly increase of around 28p for a band D property.
23/170. FINANCE. Review the budget vs expenditure report.
This item was moved to the Feb Full council agenda due to the late availability of the document.
23/171. To approve council policies. Anti-bribery and corruption policy.
A change is to be made to show that when a Cllr receives a donation of vouchers, cash or goods to be placed in the temporary ownership of the Clerk for purposes of a charity raffle (or similar) there is no upper limit as the Cllr is not receiving the item for their own benefit.
A proposal to approve the anti-bribery and corruption policy with the above amendment made. The proposal was seconded and all Cllrs were in favour.
23/172. PLANNING. Review and vote on any planning applications received by Swindon Borough Council after the agenda is published. There were none.
23/173. Committee reports
A proposal was made to approve the December 23 finance transaction report. The proposal was seconded and all Cllrs were in favour.
Finance – Cllr Kearsey. The budget was approved in the meeting for 2024/25. The meeting day was not changed – waiting for more Cllrs to attend a meeting. The Feb Full council agenda will have an item to approve Cllr Woodham’s joining the committee.
EGPA – Cllr Rogers. Lime Trees on Rec approved for testing for disease and treatment. Concrete wheelchair ramps still needed – looking for quotes. Still waiting on SBC bench decision.
Planning – Cllr Jefferies. Early Jan meeting only for NHP. Various decisions made to allow the Reg 14 consultation to go ahead.
Risk Assessments – (Months are deleted from this report once all items are complete)
November assessments were:
Cleaner – Clerk to send to cleaner. DONE. No issues.
Xmas event – Clerk to do. DONE. No issues.
SIDs x 3- volunteers needed – Cllr Kearsey to do. DONE. No issues.
Millennium Wood – volunteer needed. Handyman completed. DONE. No issues.
General Fire Risk – Clerk to do. PENDING.
December assessments were:
Castle View Play area – Volunteer needed DONE
Washpool Ponds – Clerk to do with WARP committee. DONE
Trees owned by CPC – Volunteer needed. PENDING. With Handyman
Jan assessments are:
Village Planters – Volunteer needed
Rec Ground (No buildings) – Volunteer needed
Correspondence feedback for Cllrs – It was noted that the 20 mph questionnaire had a good level of feedback.
23/174. Items for next agenda.
The Clerk is to ask HeartSafe if they will provide training for the new defib at Hodson.
Meeting closed 20.32
All Actions to be completed by the next Full Committee meeting unless otherwise specified.
23/29. Chase up Badbury hedge cutting and white line painting issues with Ward Cllr Sumner.
23/168. Make sure budget for 24/25 is loaded onto council website.
23/171. Update policy and load onto website
23/173. Add approving Cllr Woodham onto Finance Committee to Feb full council agenda.
23/174. Ask HeartSafe if they can do training for the new Hodson defib.
Ward Cllr Hopkins and Elliott
20/16. Investigate end of Badbury footpath being blocked. Waiting for SBC officer update.
23/10. To find out the current situation with regards to public footpaths and maintenance after the Countryside Access talk that SBC did not attend.
23/115 Create a list of suggested PROWS that should be added to the definitive map. Request item be added to a full council agenda for discussion and vote.