Cllr Bates proposed that these apologies be accepted. Cllr Sunners seconded and all Cllrs were in favour.
20/103 Declarations of interest & approval of any dispensations.
Cllr Rawlings rents an allotment from CPC.
20/104 Approval of previous EGPA minutes from 21st September. 2020.
The minutes of the meeting held on 21st September 2020 were approved as an accurate representation. Proposed by Cllr Bates, seconded by Cllr Duke; all those at the meeting were in favour.
20/105 Action points from September
SUMMARY OF ACTION POINTS
19/155 Ask Ward Cllrs for progress of hedge cutting on New Road – NO UPDPATES RECEIVED.
19/180 Talk to estate manager about extension of Washpool Lease. Waiting for further information. ONGOING – TO BE CHASED
19/193 Talk to estate manager about future purchase of land for new cemetery area. Waiting for further information. ONGOING – TO BE CHASED
20/47 Clerk to deal with H&S issues arising from tree survey report – delegated powers. ONGOING
20/65 Get Grass Valet to re-visit for court inspection with Cllr. NO REPLY – TO CHASE
20/67 Look at shared calendar system for CPC and CFC for pitch bookings. ONGOING
20/82 Add talk with Swindon Ladies Football to October agenda. DONE
20/84 Present options for benches for Millennium Wood at Oct meeting. DONE – ON AGENDA
20/89 | 20/90 |20/91 Pass items to Administration officer for allotments to be dealt with. DONE
20/92 Add Purchase of Caloo outside gym to Oct Full Council meeting for approval – DONE
20/96 Present CVPA new equipment choices to Oct EGPA committee. DONE
20/101 Check with SBC if original Covid19 shielding list can be used again to call residents. YES. CAN BE DONE. CLLRS TO CONTACT CLERK FOR DETAILS TO CALL
20/106. Approval of EGPA Terms of Reference document.
Cllr Sunners proposed the approval of the TOR. Cllr Bates seconded and all Cllrs were in favour.
Cllr Duke will re-format and change any minor errors and share on MS Teams.
20/107. Discussion with Swindon Ladies Football Club over pitch hire fees.
Did not attend meeting. Move to November
20/108. Discuss and Vote on Annual tree inspection quote from Wootton Tree Consultancy.
After WTS were chosen to do a full inspection of all Parish owned trees a quote for an annual inspection was requested. This quote was £450.00 no VAT
Cllr Sunners proposed the approval of this quote for an annual tree inspection. Cllr Duke seconded and all Cllrs were in favour.
20/109. New bench for Millennium Wood and associated costs.
The various designs were looked at and the Earth Anchor bench at £610 plus VAT and delivery was chosen.
Cllr Sunners proposed the approval of this quote for a new bench. Cllr Duke seconded and all Cllrs were in favour.
Quotes for the installation were reviewed and the Allbuild quote of £150.00 was preferred however the council preferred a concrete base spanning the length of the bench and not just under the leg supports and the committee also wanted concrete secure fixing points for the legs into the concrete.
Cllr Sunners proposed the approval of the Allbuild quote but amended to include further work as detailed above to the value of £250 plus the costs of concrete fixing points. Cllr Bates seconded and all Cllrs were in favour.
20/110. PARISH APPEARANCE – New dog bin for Allotment site. (Old bin has rusted)
The cost of a new bin from Allbuild is £91.00 plus VAT and installation is £50. The bin is to be secured to the existing post if possible.
Cllr Rawlings proposed the costs of the new dog bin and installation. Cllr Bates seconded and all Cllrs were in favour.
20/111 PARISH APPEARANCE. New rubbish bin for Recreation field (Lock broken on old bin)
The cost of a new bin from Allbuild is £169.00 and installation is £50
Cllr Duke proposed the costs of a new rubbish bin for Rec field. Cllr Bates seconded and all Cllrs were in favour.
20/112 PARISH APPEARANCE. New “cyclist dismount” sign for Strouds Hill.
Cyclists are ignoring the sign and are a danger to the cottages that front the pavement. Mule Creative can create another sign for £35 which the PC can install.
It was suggested that this item be merged with the next one of the agenda for signage to warn cyclists of being in a residential area to consolidate 2 signs into one to be more cost effective. Committee agreed to discuss under item 20/113 below.
20/113 PARISH APPEARANCE. New signs for Home Close cycle way
Sign to remind cyclists that they are in a residential area and to act accordingly in terms of bad language etc.
Mule creative can do 10 A4 signs for £60.00
Cllrs wanted to merge the 2 signs from items 20/112 and 20/113 to send a complete message to cyclists.
Cllr Sunners proposed the approval of £60 costs for 10 A4 signs for cyclists both in Home Close and Strouds Hill area. Cllr Duke seconded and all Cllrs were in favour.
Admin Officer to design the new sign which will be emailed to Cllrs before printing.
Julie Porte joined meeting 20.20
20/114. BUILDING & AMENITY PRIORITIES – Tennis Club update.
Membership is up at 96. Pay and Play is quiet – need to promote again
The winter league has started with 3 mixed teams. The plumber has finished the tap work and the club Treasurer has transferred £100 to CPC to cover their portion of the invoice.
Low pressure from the taps. The plumber said Thames Water should be advised. Clerk to check into this.
Cllrs Rawlings and Bates will check the stop taps are turned on fully.
The lock on the gate broke but has been fixed. The tension wire on the fence has been tightened.
Phil Kerley is still treating moss on the courts as required.
The new coach Lauren is doing well. 2 x cardio sessions on a Friday. Family cardio Saturday AM. Half term coaching for kids. All within required Covid group numbers.
The kitchen has been emptied of crockery and is out of bounds. There are paper towels in the bathrooms and bins are emptied regularly. Plenty of hand sanitizer available.
They are following updated LTA policies.
Julie leaves 20.27.
20/115 BUILDING & AMENITY PRIORITIES – Chiseldon Football Club report.
No report received.
20/116 BUILDING & AMENITY PRIORITIES – Pavilion.
20/117 BUILDING & AMENITY PRIORITIES – Allotments. Vote on sending bonfire reminder letter to all tenants. Cllr Duke Chaired this item.
Cllr Duke proposed the sending of the bonfire letter to all tenants. Cllr Bates seconded and all Cllrs were in favour. Cllr Rawlings did not vote.
20/118 BUILDING & AMENITY PRIORITIES – Opening of Rec Hall to larger Covid secure groups.
It was agreed to permit this with the Clerk ensuring groups are following Covid advice for their sector and also following CPC’s Covid requirements and Risk Assessments.
20/119 BUILDING & AMENITY PRIORITIES – Approval for Admin Officer to apply for grants for new play equipment for the Parish.
Cllr Duke proposed that the Admin Officer has authority to apply for any relevant grants for improvement to parish play areas. Cllr Bates seconded and all Cllrs were in favour.
20/120 BUILDING & AMENITY PRIORTIES – CVPA new equipment from 2020/21 budget.
The proposals so far were reviewed. The 4 metre Sovereign climbing net was the preferred option at £14276.01. There is £12,000 in the current year’s budget so Finance would need to approve the remaining amount of £2276.01.
Cllr Bates proposed that 4 metre Sovereign climbing equipment be purchased. Cllr Duke seconded and all Cllrs were in favour.
Add approval to Nov finance meeting.
Cllr Jefferies joined the meeting 20.33
20/121 BUILDING & AMENITY PRIORTIES – CVPA remaining open.
The decision was made to continue to monitor and leave the area open for another month – pending Gov changes.
20/123. COMMUNITY PRIORITIES.
Change the constitution of the sub-committee to be a working group with all members having equal rights and votes.
Cllr Rawlings proposed that the sub-committee be changed to a working group.. Cllr Bates seconded and all Cllrs were in favour.
20/124 Vulnerable people and BIOS
Clerk provided an update of the situation. BIOS are not visiting as a review needs to be carried out of documentation, relevant Covid requirements and general risk assessments.
BIOS need updating on what further information to supply to CPC. The Clerk is to keep the committee updated.
20/125 Items for next agenda
Cllr Jefferies is to talk to the Clerk outside of the meeting in regards to a letter of thanks to the band who played at the Memory Café.
The meeting closed at 20.55
SUMMARY OF ACTION POINTS
19/155 Ask Ward Cllrs for progress of hedge cutting on New Road
19/180 Talk to estate manager about extension of Washpool Lease. Waiting for further information
19/193 Talk to estate manager about future purchase of land for new cemetery area. Waiting for further information
20/47 Clerk to deal with H&S issues arising from tree survey report – delegated powers
20/65 Get Grass Valet to re-visit for court inspection with Cllr
20/67 Look at shared calendar system for CPC and CFC for pitch bookings
20/107 Add talk with Swindon Ladies Football to November agenda
20/113 Add sign purchases to next Finance agenda
20/114 Report low water pressure to Thames Water
20/120 Add purchase of new CVPA equipment to next Finance agenda
20/121 Monthly item to monitor opening of CVPA and Rec Hall/field depending on Covid guidelines
20/125 Ask Clerk for letter for Memory Café band