16/1. Declarations of interest.
Cllr Rawlings is an allotment holder
16/2. Approval of previous minutes.
No changes. The minutes of the meeting held on 17th March were approved on a proposal by Cllr Hill, seconded by Cllr Cabrera; all those at the meeting in favour.
16/3. Matters arising/Action points.
Page 1 16/142 Matters arising – Suzanne Coles has advised there may be a long wait until the new bus bay lines are painted at the Landmark Hotel and the other side of this road.
Page 3 16/147 – Cllr Rawlings will chase up the repair of the hinges on the Spar noticeboard.
Page 1 16/142 Matters arising – Cllr Hill advised that the demolition of the Castle View Road storage area is still ongoing.
Action for Cllr Rawlings -Parking posts at the Care home. Waiting for Ward Councillor Bennett to advise.This action to be carried forward until the local elections have occurred in May 2016 but B.Cllr Foley is also investigating.
Action for Cllr Rawlings – talk to Rob Core about the bank erosion at Mays Lane and Butts Road.
This is the responsibility of the Chiseldon House Hotel. Cllr Brady will talk to them about this.
16/147 Action for Cllr Rawlings – Chase up repairs to Spar Notice Board hinges.
16/148 Action for Cllr Rawlings – talk to Rob Core on Tuesday 19th April about repairing the verges that the Stagecoach coach caused in Station Road.
16/136 – Action for Cllr Rawlings – Progress is being made on Badbury proposal for maximum weight limit, need to chase progress for Draycott Foliat. Ongoing action.
16/133 Action for Cllr Sunners – to read the Transport plan and report back to Environment committee. Ongoing action.
16/133 Action for Clerk – ask Ward councillors if Thamesdown buses can provide a smaller bus to do this service, instead of Barnes coaches. Ongoing action to contact B.Cllr Foley and B.Cllr Shaw.
16/133 Action for Clerk – In May 2016 write to Mr Nigel Hale of SBC asking that when the contract for the coaches goes out to tender, that they specify a maximum of 25 children will be on the route so the transport needs to be the appropriate size on the tender. Ongoing action with Cllr Hill. To also include Cllr Dale Heenan in communications.
16/146 Action for Clerk – follow up with Allbuild about the new gate at SHCMG.
16/136 Action for Cllr Harris – write to Rachel Sandys at the Highways agency to see if she can intervene and help with the erosion issue of the bank at the Hodson Bridge crossing the M4. Ongoing action.
Item for next full council meeting. To discuss the level of support that will be received from the Borough/Ward Councillors once B.Cllr Bennett steps down and B.Cllr Shaw becomes Mayor. Carried forward to June 2016 Full Council meeting.
New action for Clerk – Write to Dawn at Oakleys Spar thanking her for putting up the iron railings.
All other action points completed.
The plot holder of 4b has started work on their allotment. This will be monitored until the end of April to ensure it is brought up to required standards.
Cllr Rawlings has advised the work on the wire fence around the allotment will begin shortly, now that the weather has improved.
16/5. Dog bins.
Nothing to report.
Cllr Rawlings will email the Clerk the result of the Speed Watch activities so this can be published on the website. Cllr Rawlings has put in a request for 2 new sites to be monitored – Hodson Road, and New Road near the allotments. Cllr Brady requested we do a mixture of AM and PM rush hour times to get a good and varied picture of activities here.
Cllr Brady queried why there is not a SBC speed camera on New Road. Cllr Rawlings advised that SBC are unable to fund this.
We are still waiting for the new 30mph signs for the New Road/A346 junction as SBC has a delay with the supplier.
It was recommended that people are encouraged to complete the Coate Water parking charge questionnaire as if parking is to be paid for at Coate Water, people will just use the surface streets of Coate and Badbury Park to park their cars.
Cllr Hill then did his transport report on the proposed bus service for the eastern villages:
The no90 service is having its’ funding stopped so it is likely that this service will stop running.
Cllr Gary Sumner the Chair of Wanborough Parish Council is talking to B.Cllr Dale Heenan about a 16 seat bus doing a circular route to GWH and then the surrounding villages.
Deric Pemberton from Thamesdown buses has advised that if this is a recognised bus service then bus stops will have to be placed at all drop off/pick up points for insurance purposes.
It was raised that the service might run better as a “Hail and Ride” service, or have a telephone booking service.
The concept is that SBC could fund this for 12 months but then the focus would move to the parishes to fund this in the longer term.
We would need to consider concessionary passes as these would not be valid for free travel on this service.
Cllr Brady raised the question that could we use some precept funding to offset the costs of this.
Action for Clerk to go back to Cllr Gary Sumner with our expression of interest in this scheme. We would like to know more information and costing figures.
Cllr Hill then reported on the Badbury Park bus update for the village centre and Marlborough Road.
The bus stop near GWH will be removed, and the 2 stops on the A419 will receive permanent signs.
There isn’t a bus stop for Coate Village and it is not showing on the current plans. The original bus plans for Badbury Park show there should be one.
Action for Clerk to email B.Cllr Foley and B.Cllr Shaw to ask for a bus stop to be re-installed.
16/7. Street furniture.
Cllr Rawlings hasn’t heard back from B.Cllr Bennett on the parking posts at the Care home, he will follow up with the relevant ward councillors after the May election.
Action for Cllr Rawlings to follow up with ward councillors after the May election.
The new metal gate at the SHCMG had been approved and Allbuild contacted to do the work. Need to follow up to see if this has been done. Clerk to check this.
Coate Lane needs road signs, making sure they show the “no through road” symbol. This is the responsibility of SBC/Highways.
Action for Cllr Rawlings to contact B.Cllr Foley and Shaw to ask for signs to be provided for Coate Lane.
The dual carriage way signs at Badbury Park is the wrong way round after damage occurred to it. The large signpost had parts of it greyed out when work was in progress. This now needs restoring.
Action for Cllr Rawlings to ask B.Cllr Shaw and Foley to pass request on to Highways.
Cllr Hill had taken photos of where the new bus stop should be placed at Badbury Park, near Woodbine Terrace.
Action for Cllr Rawlings to talk to B.Cllr Foley and Shaw about the placing of a new permanent bus stop sign.
Request from resident to improve Stroud’s Hill carpark.
This had been discussed by the committee previously and it was determined not to be viable to provide street lighting in this area. Need to consider residents in Turnball and Slipper Lane who’s properties back onto the car park also. We will look at tidying up this area.
Action for Clerk to look into prices to get this cleaned and reply to resident.
16/8. Village appearance.
The addition of flowers to the village was discussed. Could we look at flowers at the New Road entrance from the A346 and also flowers on the 2 green areas?
Action for Clerk to investigate some costs for this.
The 2 noticeboards at the Spar need their hinges repairing as they are currently not supporting the front face of the boards when open. Two residents have been hit on the head by the opening window falling down.
Action for Cllr Rawlings to chase up repairs.
It has been noted that Dawn at Oakleys has put up the railings behind the shop.
Action for Clerk to write to Dawn to thank her.
The asbestos sheets at the cemetery have been moved.
Action for Cllr Rawlings to talk to Cllr Walton for their location.
New Road will be getting a parking bay – this is currently going through the planning procedure.
The Hodson finger post sign has been moved so it doesn’t obscure the traffic view.
There is to be a major closure of the A419 and A417 from 3rd May for 12 weeks. This will be from 8.00pm to 6.00am due to major water mains collapse.
Rumble strips on Hodson Road and Draycott Road. The Clerk is to talk to B.Cllr Foley and Shaw about costs of these.
Action for Clerk to informally canvass residents as to their option of this scheme. Also talk to Borough Councillors about costs and viability etc
Cllr Hill requested that could we hold the Environment meetings at 7.15 instead of the 7.00 start.
The meeting closed at 8.24pm.
SUMMARY OF ACTION POINTS
16/133 Read the Transport plan document and report back at next Env committee meeting. Carry forward.
16/136 Contact SBC to see if the garage demolition near New Road can be utilised for parking spaces for those on New Road.
16/136 Work with Cllr Brady to write a proposal for a weight limit at Badbury and Draycot Foliat.
16/146 Follow up with B.Cllr Shaw about the parking posts at the Care Home. Ongoing – waiting for May elections
16/138 Work with Cllr Brady to arrange to talk to B.Cllr Shaw about the bank erosion at Mays Lane and Butts Road. Cllr Rawlings to talk to Rob Core about this.
16/147 Chase up repairs to hinges on the 2 noticeboards at the Spar
16/148 Ask SBC if we can fill in the holes in grass verges ourselves.
16/148 Ask Rob Core at 19th April meeting if SBC can do the work to repair the verges on Station Road caused by Stagecoach who will then pay the invoice.
16/148 Ask SBC to fill in the potholes on Mays Lane/Turnball/High Street area. Some are actioned, others remain.
16/7 Contact B.Cllr Foley and Shaw to request new signs for Coate Lane, making sure they have the “No through road” symbol displayed.
16/7 Contact B.Cllr Foley and Shaw to ask that the duel carriage way sign at Badbury Park be repaired. Also ask that the large signpost be restored with the greyed out areas removed.
16/7 Contact B.Cllr Shaw and Foley to ask that a new bus stop be placed at Badbury Park near Woodbine Terrace.
16/9 Ask Cllr Walton for the location of the Butts Road asbestos sheets.
16/133 Ask Ward Councillors if Thamesdown buses can provide a smaller bus to do the school run that goes through Badbury instead of Barnes Coaches. Contact B.Cllr Shaw and Foley
16/133 In May 2016 write to Mr Nigel Hale at SBC asking that when the contract for coaches for the school run goes out to tender that they specify the maximum number of children the service is for and request that appropriate sized coaches/buses must be used as part of the tender submission.
16/142 Add agenda item to next Full Committee meeting to discuss the level of support we will receive from our Borough/Ward Councillors once B.Cllr Bennett steps down and B.Cllr Shaw becomes mayor. Carry over to June meeting
16/147 Write to Dawn at Oakleys to thank her for putting the railings back at the Spar.
16/146 in Matters arising. To follow up with Allbuild to see if new gate has been installed at SHCMG.
16/6 Email Cllr Gary Sumner with our expression of interest in the new proposed circular bus service, requesting more information and costings.
16/6 Email B.Cllr Foley and Shaw to request that a bus stop be re-instated at Coate Village as per original bus plans.
16/7 Reply to resident ref lighting at Stroud’s Hill carpark and also investigate costs for tidying this area.
16/8 Investigate costs for flower planters in village areas.
16/9 Contact B.Cllr Foley and Shaw about rumble strips in the village and costs associated with this. Also canvass locals on their opinion of this.
16/136 Contact Rachel Sandys at the Highways agency for help with Hodson bridge embankment erosion problem.