22/117. Approval of apologies given.
Absence with apologies: Cllr Jefferies will be a late arrival. Cllr Kearsey is away.
No apologies given from Cllr Simpson, Cllr Jackson or Cllr Bates.
A proposal was made to approve these apologies given. The proposal was seconded and all Cllrs were in favour.
22/118. Co-option of Cllrs. There were no candidates.
22/119. Declarations of interest. None
22/120. Public recess. No public but 2 PCSO’s were in attendance to give a report.
- Antisocial behaviour reports have dropped. Please report any issues to them that are reported in council meetings.
- There were 10 crime reports for the area in Jan.
- There is a new FB page for the police that covers the Chiseldon area – “Swindon North, East and Rural”
- Are available to come out to do Speedwatch with their “speed gun”. Suitable locations were suggested.
22/121. Approval of minutes from 9th January 2023. No changes
A proposal was made to approve these minutes as an accurate account of the meeting. The proposal was seconded and all Cllrs were in favour.
22/122. Action points from previous meeting.
22/7. Direct contact number/email for reports regarding the Firs site shared via weekly newsletter, community FB page and website. Clerk to advise Cllr Jefferies when does she need to provide details in time for this Fridays newsletter. CLOSING ITEM DOWN. CAN REPORT ISSUES ON SBC WEBSITE.
22/105. Send WC Elliott the Build Out survey results from previous surveys. DONE
22/107-112. Report back to SBC with results of planning application votes. DONE
20/16. Investigate end of Badbury footpath being blocked. Waiting for SBC officer update. NO UPDATE RECEIVED.
22/116. Report poor road surface issues with WC Elliott and Sumner. NO UPDATE RECEIVED.
22/123. Community Safety and police report. Cllr Sunners
PC Justine Trueman will be coming to the next council meeting.
For Chiseldon and Badbury Park (listed as 1 list on the police website) there were 22 crimes in Jan.
Catherine Roper the new Chief Constable takes her post at the end of Feb.
SCB want to save £195,000 a year by dimming street lights and not actively monitoring CCTV.
22/124. Ward Cllrs reports. No reports.
22/125. Approval of Policies
Communities and Social Media Policy:
A proposal was made to approve this policy with no changes. The proposal was seconded and all Cllrs were in favour.
ICO Publication Scheme:
A proposal was made to approve this scheme with no changes. The proposal was seconded and all Cllrs were in favour.
22/126. FINANCE. Approval of quote for EGPA committee to print surveys for the proposed skate park on the Castle View green area.
A proposal was made to approve the quote of £53.00 by Minuteman Press. The proposal was seconded and all Cllrs were in favour.
22/127. Committee reports
Finance – Transaction reports review for Jan 2023.
A proposal was made that the Jan 2023 report was an accurate reflection of the councils transactions. The proposal was seconded and all Cllrs were in favour.
The Feb 2023 to date report was noted.
EGPA – Cllr Rogers. New memorial bench approved. Planters all to stay in current location at present and be reviewed. Replacement equipment for handyman purchased. Youth provision work ongoing. Skate Park provision being looked at.
Planning – Cllr Harris. Nothing to report.
Finance – Cllr Harris. No specifics to report. Only items contained on the minutes.
Recreation Hall. Cllr Ford. Reviewed prelim comments from SBC pre-planning dept.
Risk Assessments – (Months are deleted from this report once all items are complete)
November assessments were:
- SIDs. Hodson Road and Badbury. Requested this be carried out by Cllrs Kearsey and Jackson. Cllr Kearsey has completed Hodson Site. Handyman to do Badbury. DONE – no issues to report.
- Millenium Wood – DONE by Handyman. No issues to report.
December assessments were:
- Trees owned by CPC – volunteer needed please. With Handyman to complete. DONE – no issues.
- Washpool ponds – Clerk to do with WARP committee. DONE. No new issues
- Castle View Play area – volunteer needed please. Cllr Randall to complete. COMPLETED – No issues.
January assessments were:
- Recreation Field. With Handyman to complete
- Recreation hall, grounds and carpark. With Handyman to complete
February assessments are:
- Outside gym – with Cllr Whitehead to complete
- Pavilion – with Handyman to complete
- Allotments – with Cllr Whitehead to complete
- Cemeteries x2 – with Handyman to complete
- Handyman jobs (inc manual lifting) – with Handyman to complete.
- Cemetery Maintenance – with Handyman to complete
Correspondence feedback for Cllrs – None
22/128. Items for next agenda. None
Meeting closed 20.10
All Actions to be completed by the next Full Committee meeting unless otherwise specified.
Clerk. No items
20/16. Investigate end of Badbury footpath being blocked. Waiting for SBC officer update.
22/116. Report poor road surface issues with WC Elliott and Sumner.