22/12. Vote for Chairman of the committee for the forthcoming year.
There were no nominations to be the chairman for the forthcoming year.
A proposal was made for Cllr Matt Harris to act as chairman for the current meeting and for the item to be brough back to the next meeting for a further vote. The proposal was seconded and all Cllrs were in favour.
22/13. Vote for Vice Chairman of the committee for the forthcoming year
A proposal was made for Cllr Chay Ford as Committee Vice Chairman for the forthcoming year. The proposal was seconded and all Cllrs were in favour.
There were no other nominations.
22/14 Approval of apologies given. Cllr Jackson is unwell. No apologies from Cllr Randall.
A proposal was made to approve these apologies given. The proposal was seconded and all Cllrs were in favour.
22/15 Public recess. No comments
22/16. Declarations of Interest and approval of any dispensations requested. None
22/17. Approval of minutes from 7.4.22 meeting
A proposal was made to approve these minutes as an accurate recording of the meeting. The proposal was seconded and all Cllrs were in favour.
22/18. Action points from previous meeting.
21/07 Invite Tennis Club to appropriate meeting as directed by Committee. PENDING
21/46 Contact TC and FC about grants they could apply for, for their facilities improvements. PENDING
21/71. Ask Wroughton Clerk whether they are creating a Trust for their facility. Clerk met with the Wroughton Clerk. There situation is different as they are not VAT registered and CPC are. The meeting did demonstrate that professional VAT advice should be sought before funds are spent.
21/91. When relevant, present the design plans to the estate to further the discussion with regards to land for the project. PENDING
21/92. Talk to Chiseldon Tennis Club about public court hire stats. No reply received. Clerk to chase up.
22/08. Upload a Q&A doc onto MS Teams for Cllrs to add to. DONE.
22/07. Send list of requirements to SWA architects. DONE
22/08. Add to Q&A document on MS Teams. DONE. Answers now need creating.
22/19. Review draft 1 of plans from SWA Architects.
To confirm a rough outline plan to be able to discuss with the landowner.
(Cllr Jefferies arrived 19.19)
Part 1 – the building.
Draft 1 of the plans for the new hall were reviewed. Thoughts from this were:
Could the second hall have a storage area for tables and chairs to stop users having to walk to the far side of the main hall?
Part 2 – Pavilion.
This new pavilion in a new location is a potential option – depends on possible FA funding or CPC being able to fund it. Will probably be an item funded separately to the main project.
Part 3 – Building and Pavilion in relation to the field.
Would potentially want to move the hall to the north of the tennis courts and use the old hall space for a MUGA and play area. The outside gym would be moved to the north of the site. Would also install cricket nets to the east of the building. This would involve a very small addition of land to the north of the site. May need to make the current access route wider to allow 2 vehicles to pass. Need to consider Norris Close residents and a possible night closure. Access via the north on Hodson Road is too expensive. There are no tree preservation orders on the site.
Phase 2 of the plan:
At a future date, can add a pump track to the north west of the site, a wildflower/nature area and a wooded area with paths. Need to consider position of eastern trees in relation to residents. This will require an extension of land similar to the current field size.
Need to talk to the landowner about phase 1 and 2 with regards to the land required.
It was noted that we have access to a grants finder company who charge a 10% fee for grants obtained on our behalf. A pedestrian crossing may be required for Hodson Road.
A proposal was made to talk to the landowner about acquisition of land for phase 1 and/or 2. The proposal was seconded and all Cllrs were in favour.
The Clerk is to make arrangements for a visit with the landowner.
Once this conversation is had, we can ask SWA to seek pre-planning advice to understand the viability of the project.
20/20 Items for next agenda. None
Meeting closed 19.55
All Actions to be completed by the next Full Committee meeting unless otherwise specified
21/07 Invite Tennis Club to appropriate meeting as directed by Committee.
21/46 Contact TC and FC about grants they could apply for, for their facilities improvements.
21/91. When relevant, present the design plans to the estate to further the discussion with regards to land for the project.
21/92. Talk to Chiseldon Tennis Club about public court hire stats
22/19. Arrange discussion with the landowner ref the draft 1 plans.