Ward Cllrs Mattock and Sumner.
20/18 Approval of Apologies given:
20/19 Public recess.
20/20 Co-option of New Cllr.
Andy Rogers addressed the council with respect to being co-opted as a Cllr. Cllr Harris checked that Mr Rogers met the qualifying criteria.
A proposal was made by Cllr Jefferies to co-opt Mr Rogers as a Parish Cllr. Seconded by Cllr Bates and all Cllrs were in favour.
20/21 Declarations of interests & vote on any dispensations applied for.
Cllr Jefferies will not comment on any planning application due to her being on SBC planning committee.
20/22 Approval of minutes from 11th May 2020
A proposal was made by Cllr Bates that these minutes be therefore accepted; seconded by Cllr Rogers, all Cllrs were in favour.
20/23 Action points
19/233 Send Ward Cllr Jefferies information on Draycot Foliat lighting/speeding/parking info to date. ONGOING
19/233 Clerk to try both posters around the parish to encourage new Cllrs DONE
19/240 Arrange completion of new Rec Hall doors and frames within £2000 budget. ONGOING
19/242 Report any expenditure from this fund as S137 funds on Xero (Summer tea party). ONGOING
19/244 Create tea party using £200 budgeted funds –summer project. ONGOING
19/237 Arrange virement of £1500 from 2019/20 to 2020/21 for CVPA equipment DONE
20/13 and 20/14 Reply to SBC planning on applications voted on. DONE
20/16 Send Cllr Jefferies the news report from Nina Hempstock which was sent to SBC. TO DO
20/17 Add items for the next agenda to the June agenda. DONE
19/178 Ask Cllr Jefferies for Turnball planning update. DONE
19/197 Investigate mud issue at Draycot Foliat. ONGOING WITH SBC
19/188 Investigate end of Badbury footpath being blocked. ONGOING
20/09 Provide head and shoulders photo for new website contact page. TO DO
20/24 Community Safety report, including crime stats.
Currently “Celebrate your neighbour” week for NHW.
A request made for Cllrs to join the local NHW group.
1559 crimes in April for South Swindon. 11 for Chiseldon parish, 3 drive offs at the garage.
Reports of potential drug dealing at Strouds Hill carpark and top end of Washpool reported to police.
Wiltshire police have posted “suspicious activity” stickers in this area.
Believe the cycle route from Coate to Chiseldon could be used to move drugs.
Neighbourhood policing has been revitalised and will move forward once Covid19 lockdown restrictions are over.
Community speed watch on hold. Wilts police are doing speed checks.
The Clerk has an issue reported at Windmill Piece where she will pass on the information she received to the police
20/25 Ward Cllrs update.
Ward Cllr Sumner representing Ridgeway Ward which includes Badbury.
J15 M4 – met with Highways England (HE) and discussed alternative night time diversion which would be Ridgeway Road then B4192 to Liddington, with a no right turn for Badbury from the A346. This area at the Badbury junction was going to be a HGV turning point originally. SBC and HE are trying to sort an alternative location. SBC are hoping to provide passing places on the nursing home road in Badbury as HE won’t provide this. The start date is possibly 22nd June.
Broadband fibre. There will be an update on local plans in 2 weeks’ time approx. This may require a contribution from homes and businesses. 4G will work better in the most rural areas if everyone else is on fibre.
Community fibre and gigabit fibre schemes are different. BT Openreach are not keen to subsidize as a lot of work for a small percentage of customers.
Ward Cllr Mattock for Chiseldon and Lawn Ward.
Annual SBC cabinet meeting was held the end of May. Allocating members for committee’s won’t happen until July. Ward Cllr Sumner has taken on the Cabinet member position for Strategic Transport.
Ward Cllr Mattock has been voted in as the Deputy Mayor for the forthcoming year.
During Covid-19 there was a reduction overall in complaints to SBC. This has started to rise again.
SBC are talking to Thames Water about the drainage problems on New Road as water leaks may be causing additional issues.
Ward Cllr Mattock asked for any further reports of the Chiseldon Smokehouse emptying its cellar water onto the public drains and highway.
Ward Cllr Jefferies for Chiseldon and Lawn Ward.
There is more focus on the organisational method of handling requests for the Chiseldon Fir site. There is to be a confirmed flow chart for how requests are handled and who is advised. This is to include alerting CPC when it is opened or closed.
Ward Cllrs Mattock and Sumner leave the meeting at 20.09
20/26 formally approve Delegated Decisions during Covid19 lockdown period
Cllr Kearsey proposed to formally note and accept all delegated decisions made during Covid19 lockdown. Cllr Rawlings seconded and all Cllrs were in favour.
20/27 Approve Standing Orders, Financial Regulations and Code of Conduct.
Standing Orders; Point 2A to be amended to add Covid19 and zoom meetings whilst the law allows.
Item 74 – tenders to be published on parish noticeboards. The Clerk to check if this is still mandatory and bring the Standing Orders back for further approval.
Cllr D Rogers proposed to accept changes to item 2A and approve the Standing Orders. Cllr Rawlings seconded and all Cllrs were in favour.
Financial Regulations; Change the requirement for paper tenders in a special envelope, to emailed tenders via attachment.
Cllr D Rogers proposed to accept changes listed above and approve Financial Regulations. Cllr Duke seconded and all Cllrs were in favour.
Code of Conduct; No changes proposed.
Cllr Kearsey proposed to approve Code of Conduct. Cllr Rawlings seconded and all Cllrs were in favour.
20/28 PLANNING. Application. 5 High Street. S/20/0535.
The council agreed with the comments made in the SBC Conservation officers report.
Cllr Kearsey proposed to object to this application and echo the comments of SBC Conservation officer. Cllr Rawlings seconded and all Cllrs were in favour. Cllr Jefferies didn’t vote.
20/29 Proposal to spend CIL funds totalling £11,736.27 on a new outside gym facility.
Proposed that the CIL funds from SBC be allocated to the provision of a gym facility possibly on the Rec field which has been requested by residents a number of times.
Cllr Harris proposed to spend the CIL funds details on an outside gym facility. Cllr Rawlings seconded and all Cllrs were in favour.
Decisions on the site and what to purchase will be investigated by the EGPA committee and presented to Full Council for final approval.
20/30 Vote to approve the 2019/20 Annual Governance statement as accurate, to send to external auditors.
Cllr Harris proposed to approve the 2019/29 Annual Governance statement as accurate. Cllr D Rogers seconded and all Cllrs were in favour.
20/31 Vote to approve the 2019/200 Annual Accounting Statement as accurate, to send to external auditors.
Cllr Harris proposed to approve the 2019/29 Annual Accounting Statement as accurate. Cllr Rawlings seconded and all Cllrs were in favour.
20/32 Review of quarterly budget vs spend report.
There were no comments on this report.
20/33 Approve SSE Costs for Badbury BT box upgrade for defibrillator. £410.38 plus VAT
The Clerk and Cllr Jefferies are to make contact with different depts. of SSE to see if the charge can be waived. If this cannot be done then Cllr Rogers will ask for any further donations from Badbury residents to offset the cost.
CPC will pay any amounts due to SSE whether donations received or not.
Cllr Sunners proposed the above course of action. Cllr Bates seconded and all Cllrs were in favour.
20/34 Work to Rec Hall compound entrance area to prevent flooding of Tennis Court area.
Only 1 quote was received which was £200 approx with no VAT from Hardwick Homes.
Cllr Rawlings proposed to approve this quote. Cllr Bates seconded and all Cllrs were in favour.
20/35. Committee Reports
Finance – May 2020 financial reports to review.
There were no questions on this report.
A proposal was made by Cllr Kearsey that the May 2020 financial report was an accurate reflection of
the council’s transactions. Cllr Duke seconded and all Cllrs were in favour.
EGPA – Cllr Duke is now the committee Vice Chairman. The proposal to allocate £5000 to the Badbury Railings project will be discussed at the next committee meeting. The Tennis Club are going to paint one of the courts shortly. The club are asking for a discount to the annual rent due to Covid-19 closures. The Clerk is to check the conditions of the lease and add to June EGPA agenda.
Cllr Jefferies is to look into a possible grant available to halls for closure due to Covid-19.
Cllr McDonald queried if the council needed the grant and what it would be used for. To be discussed at July full council meeting if a grant can be requested.
Clerk has an action to send the photos of the PC’s work during Covid-19 to Cllr Jefferies for the newspaper article.
Risk Assessments – June 2020 Assessments for: Street furniture to be handled by Cllrs Kearsey, Duke and D Rogers. Milenium Wood to be dealt with by Cllr Rawlings. Cemeteries to be checked by the Handyperson. Monthly infectious disease control still being carried out. No major issues to report. Minor issues to be taken care of by
Clerks Correspondence No comments
20/36 Items for next agenda.
The increase of HGV’s on New Road due to the Earthline plant outside Wroughton is to be added to the June planning agenda.
Cllr D Rogers will attend the SAC meeting as Cllr Sunners cannot attend.
The provision of solar lighting at Draycot Foliat to be added to June planning agenda.
Cllr D Rogers – assisting the youth of the area with remote activities whilst lockdown and social distancing in place – send idea for discussion to the Clerk.
Cllr Jefferies – proposes to move the next Broadband update zoom meeting to 3 weeks’ time. A zoom meeting will be scheduled.
Meeting closed 21.03
Date of next meeting:
Monday 13th July 2020 at 7.30pm via Zoom, contact the Clerk for login details.
All Actions to be completed by the next Full Committee meeting unless otherwise specified.
19/233 Send Ward Cllr Jefferies information on Draycot Foliat lighting/speeding/parking info to date.
19/240 Arrange completion of new Rec Hall doors and frames within £2000 budget.
19/242 Report any expenditure from this fund as S137 funds on Xero.
19/244 Create tea party using £200 budgeted funds –summer project.
20/16 Send Cllr Jefferies the news report from Nina Hempstock which was sent to SBC. Also send the photos – item 20/35
20/27 Check whether Standing Orders can remove the requirement for tenders to be displayed on a noticeboard. Bring back to full council for approval of updated document.
20/28 Reply to SBC with planning application decision.
Cllr D Rogers, Cllr Jefferies and Clerk
20/35 Add Tennis Club rent discount to next EGPA agenda.
20/36 Add items to next full council agenda
19/197 Ask Cllr Jefferies for Turnball planning update
19/197 Ask Cllr Jefferies for Turnball planning update
19/188 Investigate mud issue at Draycot Foliat.
Provide head and shoulders photo for new website contact page.