22/1. Approval of apologies given.
Absence with apologies: Cllrs Matt Harris, Andy Rogers. Danielle Simpson Jon Jackson have covid and Ward Cllr Gary Sumner is unable to attend.
Absence without apologies: Cllrs Raj Patel and Sanjay Dogra
Ward Cllr Horley did not attend or provide a report.
A proposal was made to approve these apologies given. The proposal was seconded and all Cllrs were in favour.
22/2. Declarations of interest.
Cllr Rawlings – Allotments.
Cllrs Chay Ford and Pauline Barnes joined the meeting at 19:31.
22/3. Public recess.
One member of the public present commented they now have gigabit fibre and it has made a big difference. Installations around parish are well underway. They received a letter from Wales and West to say they are updating all the gas pipes…
Cllr Jenny Jefferies joined the meeting at 19:35.
starting with Canney Close next week. Cllr Randall received same letter and will circulate to everyone – worth posting on FB? Has clerk seen any more info about this online?
22/4. Approval of minutes from 14th March 2022.
Cllr Rawlings looked into whether Earthline do have a licence and advised it went through in 2018.
A proposal was made to approve these minutes as an accurate account of the meeting. The proposal was seconded and all Cllrs were in favour.
22/5. Action points from previous meeting.
21/159. Update Sickness and Absence Policy with new approval date and load onto website. DONE
21/160. Confirm date of next NHP meeting. RFO DONE
21/163. Ask the PCC to attend the next full council meeting on 11th April. AMENDED. On April agenda.
21/163. Add grant for Earthline leaflets for the next Finance meeting agenda. ADDED TO APRIL FULL COUNCIL AGENDA
21/163. Add state of roads and absence of pedestrian paths in Badbury for the next Planning meeting agenda. DONE
20/16. Investigate end of Badbury footpath being blocked. Still waiting for SBC officer update. ONGOING.
21/162. Raise backlog of planning applications with SBC and provide an update on how they are going to deal with it. ONGOING
22/6. Community Safety and police report. Cllr Sunners
Discussion about inviting the Police and Crime Commissioner to the next full council meeting. Cllr Jefferies suggesting inviting him to a Ward Councillor surgery as these are usually well attended by the public, but Cllrs also feel it would be beneficial for him to attend the full council meeting also.
Member of the public joins the meeting at 19:45.
Cllr Sunners says the PCC wants to strengthen the role in the community. The PCC has made investments in farming communities, preventing hare-coursing and county lines issues. Visit the homepage to see the latest news items and stats.
Cllrs would like the PCC to attend and talk about what he is going to do to help our community. What does he think the issues are for us? Visit to be item 1 on the agenda.
22/7. Ward Cllrs reports
Ward Cllr Jefferies advised Ward Cllr Gary Sumner will update everyone on fibre tomorrow.
Ward Cllr Jefferies – Chiseldon and Lawn Ward for Chiseldon Parish.
There was a recent visitation to the firs travellers site, lasting a couple of days. SBC have recently being doing maintenance/cleaning and the site has been closed again. A direct line and email has been set up and SBC want people to report in real time if they have any concerns about the site.
Wording needs to be carefully considered. Contact number/email needs to be shared via weekly newsletter, community FB page and website. Clerk to advise Cllr Jefferies when does she need to provide details in time for this Fridays newsletter.
Water leak on New Road has been fixed. Thames Water advised someone has inspected the leak on Church Street and work to fix it has been scheduled in June. Raise any further issues with Cllr Jefferies and she will liaise with her contact.
22/8. Quarterly Website Review.
Cllr Ford mentioned the plan to showcase local photographers work on the website and queried progress. Also asked if accessibility updates are all complete now and confirmed done. Can we see usage stats to help identify future improvements?
Two members of public commented the website is fit for purpose and does it’s job well.
22/9. Review grant request for £250.00 from volunteers organising Earthline protests.
A new constitution has been formed by the group called Chiseldon parish residents for the rejection of Earthline appeal, with committee members appointed. The current site is inappropriate. Sample posters and leaflets shared with Wroughton and Uffcott. Grant will fund items for Chiseldon Parish only.
A proposal was made to approve the grant. The proposal was seconded and all Cllrs were in favour.
22/10. Discuss & vote on S/HOU/22/0356 38 Butts Road. Construction of hip to gable & erection of rear dormer window.
A proposal was made to support the planning application. The proposal was seconded and all Cllrs were in favour.
22/11. To vote on whether to provide further evidence to the Government Inspectorate in regards to S/HOU/22/0071 10 Draycott Road.
A proposal was made to reiterate the same comments supplied previously. The proposal was seconded and all Cllrs were in favour.
22/12. Committee reports
Finance – Transaction reports review.
A proposal was made that the March 2022 report was an accurate reflection of the councils transactions. The proposal was seconded and all Cllrs were in favour.
EGPA – No update.
Planning – A number of residents attended regarding Berricot Lane. Reiterated same message to inspectorate.
Recreation Hall – Continuing exploration with architect. Discussion around how to share early plans as they form. Will share with Full Council first, then consult with whole parish. May be more contentious for residents nearby. Plan to invite public to ask questions which we will gather in a database and provide responses. No preferred site at the moment. Suggest a message on FB to advise nothing has been planned as yet. It was noted only the same two members of public have attended meetings so far, despite publicising work on this project.
Risk Assessments –
Delay in completing March assessments due to Clerk’s annual leave. To be reported on in May meeting.
April assessments are:
- Chapel and Museum – Clerk to do Allotments
- Administration Officer role – RFO to do
Correspondence feedback for Cllrs – Nothing
22/13. Items for next agenda.
Cllr Ford noticed a street lamp hasn’t been changed on Norris Close, can someone check why? Cllr Jefferies advised they haven’t been forgotten and will be done, but let her know any that haven’t been changed yet and she will chase up.
Cllr Sunners advised a ditch on the bend of a road in Hodson would ground a vehicle. Cllr Jefferies asked Cllr Sunners to drop her an email about it and she will look into. Cllr Kearsey also suggested a sign at the other end saying not suitable for HGVs.
All Actions to be completed by the next Full Committee meeting unless otherwise specified
22/3. Share letter from Cllr Randall on FB and advise if any more info about it is available online.
22/6. Ask the PCC to attend the next full council meeting on 9th May.
22/7. Direct contact number/email for reports regarding the Firs site shared via weekly newsletter, community FB page and website. Clerk to advise Cllr Jefferies when does she need to provide details in time for this Fridays newsletter.
22/8. Give progress update about photography shown on website and share website stats.
22/12. Rec Hall – Suggest message on FB to advise nothing has been planned as yet.
22/3. Circulate letter from Wales and West about work on gas pipes to everyone.
20/16. Investigate end of Badbury footpath being blocked. Still waiting for SBC officer update.
21/162. Raise backlog of planning applications with SBC and provide an update on how they are going to deal with it.