17/114 Declarations of interest
Cllr Rawlings is an allotment holder
Cllr Clarke is Chair of the Football Club
17/115 Approval of previous Environment, General Purpose and Amenities minutes from 20th November 2017
The minutes of the meeting held on 20th November 2017 were approved as an accurate representation, proposed by Cllr Hill, seconded by Cllr Bates; all those at the meeting were in favour.
17/116 Matters arising/Action points for EGPA Committee
Page 1 – Cllr Sunners reminded Cllrs that the Dementia Friendly Awareness session was 16th Jan at 10.00 at the Church Hall
- 16/106. Provide costings from Tithegrove for new scalpings and hexagonal plastic sheeting to improve Rec ground carpark surface. ONGOING. CLLR WALTON IS GETTING STARTING FIGURES FRM TITHEGROVE SO OTHER QUOTES CAN BE GATHERED FOR COMPARISON.
Cllr Walton & Cllr Clarke:
- 17/97. Investigate costs of pitch improvements further and report back in Nov EGPA meeting.ONGOING
- 17/105. Cllr Walton to get a further quote for tennis court inspection and report back to Jan EGPA committee so vote can be taken. ONGOING
- 17/111. Cllr Walton to get rough figures for extending the Rec ground carpark for the Finance Committee. ONGOING. CLLR WALTON IS GETTING FIGURES FROM TITHEGROVE FOR COMPARISON
- 17/102. Move Cllr Brady’s action of talking to Withy King about the Tennis Club lease to the Finance Committee. DONE
- 17/102. For next EGPA agenda, rubbish bin at Spar, to include Cllr Sunners report back DONE
- 17/102. Make sure new play equipment at CVPA is covered by insurance. DONE
- 17/103. Add replacement dog bin in plastic for Rec field, to Dec agenda. DONE
- 17/106. Talk to allotment plot holder 9 about the fruit trees on the plot and getting them cut down. ON AGENA
- 17/107. Add pitch improvements decision to Dec EGPA agenda. MOVE TO JAN AGENDA
- 17/111. Add crossing area to Pat’s roundabout to the Transport improvement doc. DONE
- 17/113. Talk to Countrywide about the pile of cuttings and branches in Sir Henry Calley Memorial garden. DONE. NOT DONE BY COUNTRYWIDE. CLERK TO ASK CHRIS HALE IF HE KNOWS OF ANYTHING. ALSO TO ASK BOB IF HE CAN BAG THE WASTE UP AND REMOVE IT.
- 17/107. Meet with 3 pitch improvement quote contractors to arrange to get a “like for like” pricing structure. ONGOING
- 17/113. Send a list of hedges and brambles to be cut back to the Clerk
DONE SNOWBERRY HEDGE AT THE CANNEY STILL NEEDS TRIMMING.
It was noted that the Clerk is to ask the probation team to clear the sludge from the road edge at The Canney and sweep the path going to the Spar.
The Clerk is to find out who owns the land near Mays Cottage on Mays Lane where there are overgrown brambles. Also to find out what areas the Chiseldon House Hotel own to see if they have any overgrown areas near Mays Lane.
17/117 VILLAGE APPEARANCE – additional bin at the Spar
Cllr Sunners hasn’t approached Dawn at the Spar yet, he wants to link this to the national initiative of the Great British Spring Clean which is in March 2018. He will report back.
17/118 VILLAGE APPEARANCE – Broken dog bin at the Rec field
The costs of a plastic verses metal bin had been provided to the committee, with a plastic bin costing more but lasting a lot longer due to no risk of metal decay.
Cllr Hill proposed that the Council replaced the old metal bin with a new plastic one costing £225.00 plus £22.95 delivery and £50 installation and removal of old bin. Cllr Rawlings seconded this and all Cllrs were in favour.
Cllr Rawlings would like to know the costs of repairing the metal bin. The Clerk is to ask Allbuild if it can be repaired and at what cost.
17/119 VILLAGE APPEARANCE – Christmas Tree update
The Clerk provided an update to the Committee. SSE have installed the supply and is currently waiting for the electrician to install the isolator and spur, and for Npower to confirm a date before Christmas to install the meter. Will hopefully have a tree with lights by Christmas. Will aim to get a timer installed to turn the lights off and on.
17/120 – VILLAGE APPEARANCE – Meadow stores bin
The rubbish bin currently has no fixings to the ground. Allbuild cannot rectify this so a new bin would be required.
As there is no issue with the bin at the moment the committee decided to monitor and act if it became a problem.
17/121 BUILDING AND AMENITIES PRIORITIES – Tennis Club update
No Tennis Club reps in attendance, no update given.
17/122 BUILDING AND AMENITIES PRIORITY – Tennis court inspection quotes
The final quote from Cllr Walton has not been received. The Clerk to remind Cllr Walton to get the last quote and this will be reviewed in Jan 2018.
Cllr Hill proposed this course of action. Cllr Rawlings seconded and all Cllrs at the meeting were in favour.
17/123 BUILDING AND AMENITIES PRIORITY – Allotments
After some discussion it was proposed that the 2 apple trees on plot 9 be pruned back by Morgan Trees.
This was proposed by Cllr Clarke, seconded by Cllr Bates and all Cllrs in favour. Cllr Rawlings didn’t vote due to a conflict of interest.
The Clerk will pass this to the Finance Committee for approval.
The Clerk is also to draft an amended allotment contract to include:
- The Maintenance of trees on plots
- The planting of new trees and the containment of roots to the plot
- Exit conditions of giving up the plot and charge for rectifying plot to acceptable condition.
This is to be discussed and voted on at next EGPA meeting.
The Clerk has an action to write to allotment holder 13A to ask them to cut the grass around their plot.
Plot 9A and 9B need the grass cutting around their plots once they take over.
The Clerk is also to ask Allbuild to smooth the edges off the new allotment water tank covers and provide more handles.
17/124 BUILDING AND AMENITIES PRIORITY – Football pitch improvement quotes
This action is to be carried over to the Jan 2018 meeting as no progress has been made.
17/125 BUILDING AND AMENITIES PRIORITY – use of growth regulator on Rec field
The Committee had previously be provided with costs for either the pitches or the whole field to be treated. £500 for pitches and £600 for whole field. (Plus VAT)
Cllr Rawlings proposed that the whole field be treated. Cllr Hill seconded this and all those at the meeting were in favour. Cllr Clarke didn’t vote due to a conflict of interest.
This will be passed to the Finance Committee for approval.
17/126 BUILDING AND AMENITIES PRIORITY – SBC Highways giveaway
The Clerk is to ask Cllr Walton if there is anything the Council might need for Rec car park improvements.
Also ask WARP if they need anything.
Cllr Clarke is to ask the football club if they need any paving slabs for the pavilion.
This will be carried forward to the Jan 18 agenda.
17/127 COMMUNITY PRIORITY –Football matters
Cllr Clarke presented to the committee in his role as Club Chair
The club is currently waiting to hear back from the Memorial Hall grant to see if they have been successful.
There were no home games played in December as the ground is too wet. They are mostly playing away games where possible.
17/128 Any other business
Cllr Hill requested that Allbuild be asked about bin emptying over Xmas as normal days are Monday which are Xmas day and New Years day.
Any rubbish collections from SBC due on Xmas day are to be done on 27th AM onwards. Rubbish to be left out on 26th.
The Clerk confirmed to Cllr Sunners that the Council are already registered for the Great British Spring Clean.
The Clerk advised that residents can now apply for the new Cllr post (as of 19th Dec) Information will be published on this.
Cllr Sunners noted that the grass verges on New Road were being destroyed after the new layby put in.
Cllr Sunners commented that there are now 3 abandoned vehicles in the Parish. He will advise PC Sophia Best.
A resident in Badbury has asked that if he collects litter, can CPC remove it. Clerk to ask Allbuild.
Cllr Rawlings reported on the Rights of Way meeting he attended. They are trying to restrict byway use on the Ridgeway due to drug taking, illegal gatherings etc.
This will need a public order which will be processed by SBC.
Their new website in 2018 will show advice on path closures. There is a new path created at Inglesham along the river which is part of the Thames National Trail.
There is now only 1 rights of Way officer – Martin Fry as part of SBC’s need to save £30 million.
Style and gateway maintenance is now down to landowners.
The meeting closed at 21.07
Summary of Action Points
- 16/106. Provide costings from Tithegrove for new scalpings and hexagonal plastic sheeting to improve Rec ground carpark surface. CARRY FORWARD
Cllr Walton & Cllr Clarke:
- 17/97. Investigate costs of pitch improvements further and report back in Nov EGPA meeting. CARRY FORWARD
- 17/105. Cllr Walton to get a further quote for tennis court inspection and report back to Dec EGPA committee so vote can be taken. CARRY FORWARD
- 17/111. Cllr Walton to get rough figures for extending the Rec ground carpark for the Finance Committee
- 17/102. For next EGPA agenda, rubbish bin at Spar, to include Cllr Sunners report back. CLLR SUNNER TO REPORT BACK.
- 17/102. Make sure new play equipment at CVPA is covered by insurance. ONGOING. Need to calculate new for old costs for all equipment.
- 17/113. Talk to Countrywide about the pile of cuttings and branches in Sir Henry Calley Memorial garden. Clerk to ask Chris Hale if he has any information on this. To ask Bob to bag up the waste and get it removed.
- 17/116. Arrange for Probation team to clear the sludge at the road edge at The Canney. Also ask for the path at the Spar footpath to be swept again. (Behind Drs surgery)
- 17/116. Find out who owns the land near Mays Cottage on Mays Lane where brambles are overgrown and affect pedestrians.
- 17/116. Check land boundary at Chiseldon House Hotel to ensure they are maintaining any overgrown areas that are on Mays Lane and may affect pedestrians.
- 17/118. Ask Allbuild to provide a cost for repairing the metal dog bin at the Rec ground
- 17/122. Remind Cllr Walton that the final tennis court inspection quote is required ASAP
- 17/123. Pass allotment tree cutting request to Finance Committee for approval
- 17/123. Create a new allotment lease to include Maintenance of trees on plots, planning of new trees and containment of roots. Exit conditions of the plot and charges for rectifying plot.
- 17/123. Write to allotment plot holder 13A asking them to cut the grass around their plot. Also ask plot 9A and 9B to cut their grass once they take over their plots.
- 17/123. Ask Allbuild to smooth off the edges of the allotment tanks and provide more handles.
- 17/126. Ask Cllr Walton if there are any materials from SBC that may assist with new car park work at Rec Hall. Also ask WARP if they require any materials
- 17/128. Ask Allbuild about bin emptying over Xmas and New Year.
- 17/128. If residents do litter picks and bag up their waste – can Allbuild remove it – Clerk to ask.
- 17/107. Meet with 3 pitch improvement quote contractors to arrange to get a “like for like” pricing structure.
- 17/126. Ask Football club if they want extra paving slabs for pavilion area.