Public recess – to receive questions and comments from the public on Council related matters. Members of the public are allowed to address the Chairman for 3 minutes. No decisions will be taken at this meeting. Discussion will only take place when a subject raised is within an agenda item. Maximum 10 minutes.
Please contact the Clerk if you would like a copy of any additional information noted on the agenda. Any additional information (unless confidential) can be requested from the Clerk prior to the meeting.
1. List attendances and vote on approval of apologies for absence (Absences without apologies to be noted separately)
2. Declarations of interests – and vote on any dispensations requested.
3. Approval of minutes – from 26th October 2023
4. Review action points
5. Planning. Discussion and vote on Wiltshire Councils planning application PL/2023/09142. M4 J16 for comments to be submitted. Outline application (with Access to be determined) for development of a new Motorway Rest Area (MRA) to provide up to 241 car parking spaces; up to 63 Heavy Goods Vehicle (HGV) parking spaces; coach and caravan parking; amenity building; fuel filling station; new roundabout access from B4005; and associated landscaping, infrastructure and ancillary works. Visit Home (wiltshire.gov.uk) and type in the application number.
6. Planning. Discussion & vote on any planning applications received from Swindon Borough Council after the agenda is published. Published on the councils Facebook page and on the councils website.
7. Neighbourhood Plan. Cllr Kearsey to provide update from last meeting if required
8. Rec Hall and grounds improvement project. To discuss the response from the Estate after the meeting on the 15th September and how to respond. See additional information
9. Highways. Review replies to date for the 20mph change consultation plans. (Deadline for replies is 15th Dec) See additional information
10. Highways. To vote to approve in principle the updated costs to SBC for the permits to create the 2 laybys – Windmill Piece and Draycot Foliat.
See additional information for the costs.
11. Transport. No items
12. Items for next agenda. (Cannot be discussed and/or voted on at this meeting)