You are summoned to the August 2020 PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
on Monday 20th July 2020 at 7.30pm. Virtual meeting via Zoom.
Contact Clerk for login details.
PUBLIC RECESS – to receive questions and comments from the public on Council related matters. Members of the public are allowed to address the Chair for 3 minutes. No decisions will be taken at this meeting. Discussion will only take place when a subject raised is within an agenda item. Maximum 10 minutes
1. CO-OPTION BY VOTE OF NEW PARISH CLLRS. See additional information for Jillian Robertson
2. LIST ATTENDANCES AND VOTE ON APPROVAL OF APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE (Absences without apologies to be noted separately)
3. DECLARATIONS OF INTERESTS and vote on any dispensations requested.
4. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – Full Council meeting 13th July 2020.
5. ACTION POINTS
6. Talk from Tanya Hawker, Health & Social Care Liaison Officer, Swindon Carers. Update on the services Swindon can offer. (10 mins max)
7. COMMUNITY SAFETY, inc Police report
8. Ward Cllr reports
9. Discuss & Vote on approval of expenses policy See additional email.
10. Monthly review of safe opening procedures and upkeep of Castle View Play area due to Covid-19 Government restrictions. See additional information.
11. Vote on delegated powers for urgent H&S expenditure allowed by Clerk & Cllrs to facilitate this. Including the power to close the play area if required.
12. National Code of Conduct Consultation Review by the Local Government Association. See additional information. Cllrs to provide any suggestions for improvements to the Code of Conduct
13. Cllr McDonald requests a dispensation to allow him to not partake in EGPA committee meetings for a number of months. Cllr McDonald to address the council. Vote to be taken.
14. Discussion & Vote on youth provision within the Parish. Cllr D Rogers to present. See additional documentation. (item requested by Cllr D Rogers)
15. Website Review. Any changes/updates to be requested. Cllrs to review website before the meeting. www.chiseldon-pc.org.uk
16. Chiseldon and COVID-1 – – its cost and impact on our local community and potential for the Parish Council. Item requested by Cllr Sunners
17. Discuss & Vote on application S/HOU/20/0813. 36 Draycot Road. First floor rear extension, & Juliette balcony to existing garage.
18. Discuss & Vote on back pay for Administrator Officer and approval on extra 5 hours a week with immediate effect for a fixed time period to be agreed. See additional information
19. Discussion & vote on changing email service & data sharing facilities. See additional information– Cllr A Rogers & Cllr Harris to present
20. Request from Neighbourhood Watch to fund a new £30 NHW sign for Strouds Hill. See additional information
21. Discussion & vote on CPC becoming a Living Wage employer – See additional documentation for previous information on this matter.
22. Discuss and review the costing implications of Covid-19 on the Parish Council. (Item requested by Cllr Sunners)
23. Approval of £375 plus VAT approved by EGPA committee for new gate & post for allotment.
24. COMMITTEE REPORTS:
- Finance – Review & Vote on June & July 2020 finance figures – see additional information
- EGPA from Cllr Rawlings
- Risk Assessment report from Clerk
- Correspondence feedback from Cllrs.
25. Items for next agenda. (Cannot be discussed and/or voted on at this meeting)