1. CONFIDENTIAL ITEMS
Certain items are expected to include the consideration of exempt information Finance Committee is, therefore, recommended to resolve “That, in accordance with Section 100A(4) of the Local Government Act 1972, the public be excluded during the discussion of the matters referred to in the items listed below, on the grounds that they involve the likely disclosure of exempt information, as defined in the respective paragraph of Part 1 of Schedule 12A of the Act, and the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information”.
Item 9. Staff salary review and back pay.
Reason for Restriction:
Schedule 12(A) Local Government Act 1972, Paragraph (1,2,3):
1. Information relating to any individual.
2. Information which is likely to reveal the identity of an individual.
3. Information relating to the financial or business affairs of any particular person (including the authority holding that
Information is not exempt if it is required to be registered under-
- The Companies Act 1985
- The Friendly Societies Act 1974
- The Friendly Societies Act 1992
- The Industrial and Provident Societies Acts 1965 to 1978
- The Building Societies Act 1986 (recorded in the public file of any building society, within the meaning of the Act)
- The Charities Act 199Information is exempt to the extent that, in all the circumstances of the case, the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information.
Information is not exempt if it relates to proposed development for which the local planning authority may grant itself planning permission pursuant to Regulation 3 of the Town & Country Planning General Regulations 1992(a).
2. Attendances and apologies for absence to be received and approval voted on.
3. Declarations of interest and vote on any dispensations submitted
4. Public recess
5. Approve Minutes from 6th September 2022
6. Action points from 6th September minutes.
7. Review of office opening hours by Clerk and RFO. Original hours prior Covid were 6 hours per week. See additional information
8. Review & possible approval of VoiP systems to allow office phone to be re-directed to mobile phones. See additional information.
9. CONFIDENTIAL ITEM. Review & approve NJC proposed pay increase on Spinal points for staff salaries, to be backdated to April 2022. This is to include back pay from CPC into NEST pension scheme. See confidential additional information.
10. Approval of the expenditure of an amount of unallocated funds from 2022/23 budget on Coronation event – bookings services and utilities etc.
11. Consider change of grant fund usage from the memory café organisers ref £50 payment for printing costs. Original grant specified hall hire only. (The grant contains the funds to make this payment)
12. Consider purchase of a spare set of pads for the defibrillator costing £99.00 plus VAT. So a set is always available should a device be used.
13. Approval of EGPA vote of £3000 from unallocated funds on professional graveyard safety review and report.
14. Approval of EGPA vote for £185 to be spent on Christmas trees for New Road site.
15. Approval of EGPA vote for £116.59 to be spent on poppy signs for lampposts for Remembrance day. (to be used year on year)
16. Approval of EGPA vote for £79.80 on a willow tree for the Jubilee Planting event scheduled in Summer 2022.
17. Approval of EGPA vote to move the 2022/23 budget item of £500 to re-paint the Chapel doors into allocated funds, and allocate further budget in 2023/24.
18. Consider and vote on grant request from Chiseldon and Wroughton netball club. See additional documentation
19. Consider and vote on Sanders quote of £390.00 one off costs plus £30.00 monthly to create a meetings diary page. See additional information
20. Consider and vote on whether to purchase Cyber Crime insurance cover of £319.20. See additional information
21. Consider and vote on payment of £60.00 as a donation to the Royal British Legion in lieu of purchasing new wreaths. (Wreaths being recycled from last year)
22. Brief overview of viewing transactions, and cost centre postings on Xero. (To assist with the budget vs expenditure reporting) RFO to lead session on office monitor.
23. To consider & vote on a budget for the Clerk to purchase either a speaker or amplifier for use at public events where music/microphones are required.
24. To consider and vote quotes from Solicitors for the completion of the Land Registry re-registration of Castle View Play area. See additional information
25. Review budget requests received so far from Committees for 2023/24 budget. See additional information
26. Initial review of budget and suggested precept for 2023/24. See additional information
27. Contracts – No items
28. Items for inclusion on next agenda
(Cannot be discussed or voted on at this meeting)