Public Recess: Please note that this is a meeting of council members and the only juncture at which the public are invited to speak is during Public Recess. Public recess lasts 10 minutes and speakers will have 3 minutes each to make their point heard. If large numbers of persons wish to convey the same or a similar point, then please elect a spokesperson before the meeting to put forward a statement for expediency. No decisions will be made at this meeting in regards to items raised by the public that do not already feature in an agenda item.
Please also be aware that the council has agreed and published a method statement in regards to the Recreation Hall/Ground project which includes its intention to hold a 28 day public consultation when plans are sufficiently advanced enough to consult on. As such, the council will not be entering into discussion with the public on any plans, locations or other issues relating to the project until the public consultation is published and opened for public feedback. Based on progress to date, it is unlikely that the council will be in a position to open a public consultation before June 2023.
1.Vote on appointment of Chairman for the meeting, or for the remaining of the council year to May 2023. (Vice Chair to legally chair the meeting if in attendance, if no chairman is voted in)
2. Public recess – maximum 10 minutes – see information above.
3. List attendances and apologies for absence. Vote on approval of absences given. Absence with no apologies to be noted separately. To note that Cllr J Randall has resigned from the council.
4. Declarations of interests and requests for dispensations voted on.
5. Review and approve minutes from 2nd February 2023. (Note, there was no March meeting)
6. Action Points
7. Review final comments received from Swindon Borough Council with regards to the Pre-planning application submitted. Vote on any next steps to take. See additional document loaded into MS Teams
8. In conjunction with item 7 above, review the comments provided by Sports England with regards to the pre-planning application. See additional information on MS Teams.
9. From Feb meeting – Review total build costs from Phil Jewson QS at Beacon Surveying Services, working with our architect SWA. Vote on next steps to take. See additional document loaded into MS Teams
10. To retrospectively approve additional printing costs on last SWA quote of £237.50 plus VAT for printing via Ordinance Survey (was listed as additional in the original quote CPC approved).
11. Items for the next agenda. (Cannot be considered at the current meeting)