Vote in new Chair and Vice Chair of The Committee
- Attendances and Apologies for absence
- Declarations of Interest
- Public Recess
- Approval of Minutes (From 26th July 2017)
Matters Arising not on the agenda
- Exempt Items
Certain items are expected to include the consideration of exempt information Finance Committee is, therefore, recommended to resolve “That, in accordance with Section 100A(4) of the Local Government Act 1972, the public be excluded during the discussion of the matters referred to in the items listed below, on the grounds that they involve the likely disclosure of exempt information, as defined in the respective paragraph of Part 1 of Schedule 12A of the Act“.
Reason For Restriction
Schedule 12(A) Local Government Act 1972, Paragraph (5):
“Information in respect of which a claim to legal professional privilege could be maintained in legal proceedings.”
Information is not exempt if it is required to be registered under-
- The Companies Act 1985
- The Friendly Societies Act 1974
- The Friendly Societies Act 1992
- The Industrial and Provident Societies Acts 1965 to 1978
- The Building Societies Act 1986 (recorded in the public file of any building society, within the meaning of the Act)
- The Charities Act 1993
Information is exempt to the extent that, in all the circumstances of the case, the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information.
Information is not exempt if it relates to proposed development for which the local planning authority may grant itself planning permission pursuant to Regulation 3 of the Town & Country Planning General Regulations 1992(a).
Certain items are expected to include the consideration of exempt information and the Finance, Policies and Staff Committee is, therefore, recommended to resolve “That, in accordance with Section 100A(4) of the Local Government Act 1972, the public be excluded during the discussion of the matters referred to in the items listed below, on the grounds that they involve the likely disclosure of exempt information, as defined in the respective paragraph of Part 1 of Schedule 12A of the Act, and the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information”.
- Review Accounts for September 2017 to date
- Vote on Clerk attending 3 day first aid course at a cost of £295.00 plus VAT with St John’s Ambulance.
- Vote on Clerk attending an SLCC update course at a cost of £79 plus VAT. (Course agenda to be sent round prior to meeting)
- Review draft sickness policy for amendments or approval and vote as official document. (Document to be distributed prior to the meeting)
- Discussion & vote on Wroughton library request for funds. £2000 requested. (Documents to be distributed prior to the meeting)
- Approve costs of £32.10 for 2 hi vis jackets and £35.40 for 2 magnetic vehicle signs. Both to have CPC and Allbuild logo for Allbuild van when in the Parish.
(Environment have approved)
Also costs for 6 further hi-vis vests for the volunteers who will be tending the planters around the parish. £15.90 plus VAT for vests found on line.
- Approve costs of £1290 plus VAT for purchase, delivery and installation of 2 new CVPA rockers.(Recreation have approved)
- Approve costs of 2 poppy wreaths for Remembrance day. £37.00 Vote required
- Committee to discuss 3 new Facilities Management tender proposals and make recommendation to full council. Vote required.(Note: is STORM proposal still to be considered as well?)
(An overview will be provided before the meeting)
- Scanning historical docs. Do we proceed with employing someone to scan on minimum wage? Do we just keep documents on paper in the Chapel loft?
Possible vote needed with approval for Clerk to advertise for someone to do the work and total funds to be spent.
- Discussion on changes to networking tea party. One idea is to change to an open event to encourage businesses to provide their details and then engage Sanders Web Works to create a website page to properly display and link local businesses. Vote may be required.
- Vote on cost of around £450.00 for new noticeboard in Hodson (Part of 2017/18 approved budget)(A short list of boards to be provided before the meeting)
Restricted Item – Public or Press not Permitted
- Discussion and vote concerning rent payable by Tennis Club in accordance with their lease and letter received from the Trustees of the Tennis Club disputing elements of the lease.
- Any other business(Note: items in AOB cannot have a vote)