This parish information page collects together information that we hope residents and visitors will find useful. If there’s something you would like us to include, please let us know. Please note that the Parish Council is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Transport & Driving Links
- Information about roadworks in Swindon is available on SBC’s interactive map.
- Local bus timetables are available through Stagecoach South West and Swindon’s Bus Company.
- Great Western Railways timetables are available at their website.
- Wider public transport information is available from Traveline.
- Parish Council and Borough Council transport information is available on Swindon Borough Council’s website
- Latest information on highways in the area is available from the Highways Newsletter. Sign up at Swindon Council’s facebook page or at their website.
- Young drivers in our parish may qualify for a subsidy to further develop their driving skills. See the Pass Plus subsidy scheme.
- When driving in the parish with babies or young children, keep safe and within the law — visit the official government site.
- Highway maintenance can be an inconvenience, but it’s essential. Find out about how our roads are constructed and maintained in these downloadable pdfs (page 1 and page 2).
- Report a pothole direct to Swindon Borough Council
- Are you unable to use public transport due to a permanent or temporary impairment or disability – contact Dial a Ride
Chiseldon Area Gritting Routes
Maps are available for the Butts Road Cemetery and Sir Henry Calley Memorial Garden. These show names and plot numbers of each grave. We are also in the process of tabulating the information.
- View the Butts Road cemetery east and Garden of Remembrance
- View the Butts Road cemetery west and military section
- View the Sir Henry Calley Memorial Garden